Utes better make the Rose Bowl

Nailed it.

5 Likes

If none of those work out I think I know where you can get one of these: :slight_smile:

fa9364f49b2d1213fc8e9da9e91ff4d04a543aec_2_522x499

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s always that nagging feeling that we beat AZ but our stars catch covid, we lose to Oregon, let them beat us twice and somehow lose to CU, miss the CCG (ASU goes) and end up missing the Rose, missing the Alamo, being passed over for the Vegas and Holiday bowls and end up in the Sun bowl at 7-5, sad and sullen. Can’t take anything for granted.

But then the optimist in me says AZ and CU are big wins, Oregon is vulnerable and we beat them at home with Gameday in town and we get over the hump of being 0-2 in the CCG and win it with the players all holding roses in their teeth. Pinch me.

6 Likes

You’re tempting fate here.

2 Likes

Calling my bookie now.

I got definite “this comes form the bowels of Barad-Dur” from it

Welcome to the club.

This club also brings me back because it feels like the home where I live. White men who want groupthink and are exclusionary of people from other cultures with differing opinions. We take this board’s club to a Waffle House and you may get an SEC invite.

1 Like

Now your talking style points!

1 Like

Wait, what?

1 Like

My haters on here always come off like the redneck xenophobes around the south. Afraid of someone talking about something counter to them.

5 Likes

Gotcha.
:wink:

1 Like

The Inland Empire of Southern California has a “LDS culture”………!? First I’ve heard anything like that.

FTFO!

1 Like

Most SC fans in the OC are too busy looking down their nose at others to notice anyone they don’t see as on their level. Not surprised you missed it.

:wink:

There is a reason half my team in HS was Polynesian. Chaz Ah You currently at BYU’s Dad was the QB on my brother’s team.

I lived in Redlands for four years. There’s a Temple in a Redlands.

2 Likes

Had a friend years ago who served a mission to LA. His prep day routine during baseball season was to go to Dodger home games and staff an information booth. Apparently the O’Malley’s like letting the “Mormon Kids” come to the games. He even got a free hot dog and drink, too.

Bet this doesn’t happen anymore in this corporate sports world.

2 Likes

There was/is one in the Rancho Cucamonga/Alta Loma area I thought. That’s where most of the guys I went to school with went.

1 Like

And then there is the whole Seventh Day Adventist-thing going on in nearby Loma Linda. Loma Linda is the “Salt Lake City” of SDA’s. I worked in Loma Linda; had the only Post Office in the country that was closed on Saturdays and open on Sunday.

1 Like

Being plant-based in my eating (most of the time except vacations) makes Loma Linda awesome. As I age Loma Linda looks more appealing. It’s a blue zone for a reason.

2 Likes

There are large LDS communities there. I doubt they have a significant impact on the rest of the culture, however.