Utah vs USC Thread

Mitre dame??

6 Likes

A friend here – Oregon fan – always calls me the day or two before the next Utah game. When he asked me about this week’s game against SC, I told him the Utes could lose 52-3 or win 24-21. I mentioned that Aaron’s mom had addressed the team and the entire team would be at his funeral services in Texas on Monday. Honestly, like you, I have zero, no less than zero idea how the team will respond.

SC has a great sacking D, and Utah has yet to show an OL that can prevent the QB from running for his life. But any given Saturday, right.

Utah 24-21.

1 Like

Isn’t it something like 100 years since you last beat us in Los Angeles?

If not this year, when?

FTFO!

Yeah, you’re correct, or at least close timeframe wise since our last win over USC in LA.

Tomorrow is as good a time for the Utes to beat the Trojans as any other. It may be better due to the circumstances surrounding both clubs.

1 Like

Today is the day the Utes turn it around March towards the PAC 12 Championship and the Rose Bowl :rose:! Take care of business and it happens. The season is in their hands, just do your job Utes.

2 Likes

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution.

3 Likes

Weird flex from a guy who’s team is 8-6 in home conference play since 2018. 0-2 this season alone.

2 Likes

I’m curious to see how this team responds to this latest tragedy. It can really go either way. I hope they take Aaron Lowe’s mother’s words and use them to fuel a greater effort for the rest of the season.

I the year my high school’s girls basketball team lost 2 players in a terrible car accident. The team really pulled together and won the championship that year.

I’ve also seen other teams just fall apart. And who can blame them really. Everyone processes tragedy, grief, and loss differently. I support this team no matter what happens. Go Utes! #LLAL #LLTJ #22Forever

2 Likes

Like everyone else, I really have no idea what to expect. I’m hoping for the best, but kinda expecting the worst, tbh.

I have to admit that the general state of, well, everything has put a pretty significant damper on my level of energy and excitement for football this season. I just can’t bring myself to care about the results of these games at all. I mostly just hope that the kids can find catharsis, closure, or an outlet to process their grief.

Debbie Downer, I know.

I think this is a very big deal and even if we have a Cinderella season, fact is two extremely talented and important athletes have been tragically killed. It’s also very apparent that they were remarkable young men and deeply loved.

2 Likes

I just heard bad moon rising while shopping at the holy land (Home Depot). Utah by 5!!

1 Like

Don’t miss @Ma-ake today:

3 Likes

Saturday morning thoughts, just before the crack of noon:

• Football is a game of heart

• The Ute FB team has an abundance of that, starting at the top

• We got the blessing of a very important person, assurance essential to focusing on today’s game

• USC has been really erratic, in what has become a throwaway season, with the coaches having no idea where they’ll be next year.

• Coach Mac on the radio yesterday said he thought we matched up better against USC up front, that Oregon State showed you can play some of the basic time-tested schemes up front and have success up the middle. (Dude will never stop being a football guy. Never. He knows the basics as well as anyone.)

You never know what will happen, but I feel good.

5 Likes

Um…did Brando even bother to do any research on Utah. Like, at all?

2 Likes

Typical FOX coverage of the Utes…below average.

1 Like

They can’t even say names correctly. What do expect :thinking:

2 Likes

Co-vee?

1 Like

Other teams make these short WR routes look so easy.

Would love if we could do that.

We need to get to Slovis

1 Like

It’s gonna be a long evening. The play where the USC RB carried 6 Utes about 8 yards was downright embarrassing.

3 Likes