Utah vs. AZ

The game was never in question and it was another dominant performance but it felt almost like a trap game.

Too many penalties negating big plays, lack of focus and didn’t finish drives. Then there is the first half clock management decisions. Overall a chippy, sloppy game. Glad it was against a struggling team, that performance next week or assuming we win against Oregon will spell disaster.

Maybe I’m being too critical but hopefully the team is sharper next week. The Utes have a ton on the line next week and a very motivated CO team will definitely be in spoiler mode.

A few other game thoughts:

Moss: Nothing against Huntley and I get it, QBs get most of the Heisman love but Moss should definitely be included in any marketing campaign. He is arguably our best player. What a game/performance, in 3 quarters. Glad to see him get some rest!

Huntley: Either a bad route or just mis-judged his throw but terrible INT. Otherwise efficient and continues his excellent season.

WR: Hopefully BT isn’t too banged up, definitely a loss if so. Nacua clearly was more focused on other things last night, 2 holding penalties that negated a big play and a TD. Some nice catches and some key drops. Thankfully it didn’t bite us.

Kuthie: once again, get the ball in his hands. He is big and fast, a huge mis-match.

Defense: domination

O-Line: playing well, not too much of a challenge against AZ but still a few holding calls that negated big plays.

ST: one average punt, no FG, agree with the announcers, a typical Utah specialty has been less dominate this year. good enough but lots of room for improvement.

Coaching: I’d love to be able to keep Scalley and Ludwig as long as possible, you never know what their motivations are but all the praise by TV will make it harder and harder. I think Ludwig is more likely to stay, Scalley will probably get some G5 HC interest. Just my guess.

GO UTES, crush the Buffs

It was a very sloppy performance against a clearly inferior team. It can’t happen next Saturday.

For Colorado, they are playing to get bowl eligible. They are playing for their post-season lives. They are going to be coming in here and totally selling out for the win. We have to be ready and crush that ■■■■ early and often. We can’t let them hang around.

Next Saturday it will be time to end the Buff’s season again in the snow and muck. Let’s make the Rumble in the Rockies turn into the Wasatch Stomp.

GO UTES!!!

2 Likes

To echo what Rocker said about UA’s chippyness, is it just me or are both Arizona schools always the most chippy teams in the PAC? I come away from watching games with them hating them more than anyone else. Buncha A-holes

2 Likes

You are correct. AZ schools are known for this.

1 Like