Utah is done after tomorrow

All too short a season but future looks bright. Hope all the players, coaches, and staff (as well as all the fans) have a happy holiday season.

1 Like

Bummer. So many teams are opting out of bowl games. I guess this season is not fun for them. Hope we end on a win tomorrow.

3 Likes

2 Likes

It was a nice practice season.

On to Spring practice and the 2021 season.

GO UTES!!!

4 Likes

Great scrimmages and exhibition games to get the young team some experience. I don’t blame them. Better they get to spend time with family for the holidays. Beat the Cougars! Onward to 2021. Future looks promising. Hopefully we can attend games in person next fall with the full schedule.

2 Likes

Totally agree with the decision.

That said, we better win tomorrow, or all of this “we’re turning down a bowl” talk is going to look really silly.

“we better win tomorrow, or all of this “we’re turning down a bowl” talk is going to look really silly.”

Normally I would agree but what is silly anymore?

1 Like

Wazzu under Rolovich will be kind of like our first game vs USC, in terms of scheme.

The talent level is different, but we should be playing faster on defense, and Scalley will throw in more of the defensive playbook.

We’ll have 3 levels of freshmen next year, 75 (if they all stay around, which is probably unlikely).

I hope tomorrow is a blowout and a lot of guys get to play. That would cap off a tough / weird 2020, and catapult us into spring & then next fall.

2 Likes

Well there goes our chance to schedule Coastal Carolina.

2 Likes

Fun while the minute it lasted. :slightly_frowning_face:

With the number of cancellations of bowl games with PAC12 tie-ins (at last count there were 5 cancellations), we may not have gotten an invite anyway.

3 Likes

Meanwhile Coastal Carolina had their Sun Belt title game cancelled due to Covid within their program

1 Like

How long ago was their game with BYU? Hmmmm…

4 Likes

That seems to be happening a lot.

4 Likes

Maybe they caught it while a few of them got a little rough with Zach Wilson on that interception return.

(Hey I’m no BYU fan at all, but I even have to admit what they did on that play was rather unsportsmanlike)

I can’t argue with their decision. This whole season has just felt forced to be and without much meaning. The entertainment value has been way down for me.

1 Like

Most of the team has been locked up in the confines of their rooms, and the practice facilities since June, with only 5 games to show for it.

I don’t blame them for wanting to spend time at home with families.

They made the right choice.

5 Likes