Utah Football NEVER allows a 116 year losing streak to ANY team on an away field

No matter who they are! :slight_smile:

Precisely.

2 Likes

My son just pointed out to me that my post was off by a decade as it was actually only 105 years since we last won in LA, I must have heard/read something incorrect, but in any case, Utah last beat USC in LA, on 10/21/1916.

To add a little perspective, while I rarely admit it, I’m 65 years old. My father lived his entire life without experiencing a Utah win at USC; my mother had to wait until she was 87 to see the Ute’s beat the Trojans in LA (tonight).

When Utah last won in LA, my maternal grandfather, had just emigrated from Scotland at the age of 21, and my maternal grandmother had just graduated from high school in Bear River City, Utah.

When Utah last won in LA, my paternal grandfather had just started fourth grade, and my paternal grandmother had just started fifth grade.

While it is true that we only played 4 times between our last win in 1916 and joining the PAC12 (losing BADLY each time), and have played in LA 5 times since joining the PAC, we lost all 9 games.

While we are, as a program, now at a point where we expect to compete with the likes of USC, wherever, whenever, this has to be considered a big win!

Go UTES!

8 Likes

The last time Utah beast SC in LA my grandfather was a dirt farming teen in Northern Iowa. A couple of years later he would volunteer and serve in World War I. He fought in the Battle of Huertgen Forest for the 4th Infantry Division.

3 Likes

The last time Utah won in LA some of the members of this forum were just teenagers.

13 Likes

…was last night. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m just glad that we don’t have to hear that tired “when is Utah going to win in LA” anymore.

3 Likes

LA Ute was still Salt Lake Ute

2 Likes

Thank you, Vitas Gerulaitis!

1 Like

And you were telling them to get off your lawn.

3 Likes