USC Game 2022

I see it this way. I’m afraid we’re letting the USC mystique get to us. We belong on the field with this team. After all, we are the defending conference champions and blew them out last year on their own vaunted field. Yes, it’s a different year, but like I said, this is our field. Our guys have something to prove. They are not a team that will let UCLA beat them twice. So I’m hopeful. We’ll see what happens.

3 Likes

I don’t think it has anything to do with “mystique”. It has to do with the 4 and 5 star athletes they have all over the field.

I still think we can win, but it’ll take a much better effort than we put forth last week.

Only one thing is certain about this game…

You’re going to hear “Tribute to Troy” until your ears bleed. Sticking our band as far away as possible will help, but not enough.

FTFO!

2 Likes

I think this is the key, I rewatched this game and there were SOOO many situations where a player, (and this is across the board, offense, defense special teams), lazily did their job, that I’m sure when everyone reviewed all the film, the whole team went home knowing that what was required was a redoubling of effort and focus.

Yes, USC is talented, and fast, but when every UTE is contributing at their fullest, we’ll be in the game.

1 Like

No doubt, but that’s always been the case, hasn’t it?

But will they have enough money left over to buy real musicians?

2 Likes

Yet Oregon State shut them down complete even with having 4 turnovers. Personnel, or scheme/coaching?

1 Like

Where are those good old blue thumbs down when we really need them?

:-1: :left_speech_bubble:

4 Likes

This made me smile. Thank you.

1 Like

Funny thing: Of all the memories I’ll have about this game, that one’s not even on the list. I didn’t even think of it until I saw this post tonight after the game.

1 Like

I was directly across from the USC band in E38, and barely noticed them.

I think they did something with the stadium speakers to amplify the Utah band. I could hear them this game much better than previous games, even though they are to the side of our section.

5 Likes

I thought that there was etiquette in when bands would play. The Southern Cal band played when our band was playing. they played when we had music playing over our PA system. They played when the PA announcer was talking. They even played once during a play in the game (an extra point try by Southern Cal).

Apparently etiquette is lost on the Southern Cal band. And that is truly annoying when they only know two tunes.

8 Likes

You won. Who cares? You don’t have to deal with us in Utah ever again.

FTFO!

ditto

5 Likes

Good for you!
I guess you told us.
Enjoy those long flights!
All those Olympic sports bow to football anyway, amiright?
Who cares about track and gymnastics anyway?
Nothing matters more than money and the next most prestigous party.

6 Likes

Well, Ohio St, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn St…

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like