Twitter reporting a new 2020 hoops offer

Utes have offered 2020 SF 6’7" Carlos Rosario out of Veritas Prep in Los Angeles. He’s from the Dominican Republic. Rated a top 20 prospect in California by 247!

I did a bit of digging. Veritas Prep appears to be a place where kids transfer to get eligible. Probably why he was unsigned.

Previous best offer was from Miss. St.

With Lohner and Gach bailing, the Utes have 2 scholarships available.

Originally from the DR. Not a ton of highlights. Seems strong going to the hoop and a fairly fluid athlete. Certainly very long. I am wondering if Henry Martinez can make an impact in this recruitment.

Yay! Another undersized big who has a limited understanding of the game and can’t shoot. Yippie!

1 Like

It’s filler time. We’ve got two open scholarships, and we have to fill them with someone. Anything we get out of this will be a bonus.

Just watched his highlights. Looks like a guy with loose handles and mediocre quicks who relies on both of those things to get to the bucket. Not excited at all.

Lohner is one of the biggest recruits we have ever lost. Him going elsewhere significantly changes the trajectory of team going forward. Ugh… worst week in the history of my Ute fandom.

We made the top 4, along with Wazzu, Boise St, and Iona. Twitter/247 dont have much right now on where he is leaning. The Henry Martinez connection makes me like our chances over Wazzu and Boise, but with slick rick you never know.

1 Like

He’s announcing next Wednesday, June 17th.

He committed to Washington State.

meh… I don’t think he will turn out to be very good. From what I saw, he just seems like a slightly above average high school player but with high end size, which is not a unique thing to have in the Pac12.