Toledo 28 BYU 21

I love what the co-conspirators of Samuelson and Holmoe are doing down in Provostan. Bwah-ha-ha

Well, its not like they lost to UMass at home.

1 Like

I know the pool is larger, but do you have to be Catholic to be head coach at ND?

Ara Parseghian was an Armenian Presbyterian. Maybe that was close enough. Anyway, the HC at BYU has to be a practicing Latter-day Saint, and I think he must hold a temple recommend. Like I said, it’s a tiny pool of eligible candidates. I actually see the church’s point. They’re trying to be serious, in their own estimation, about being an LDS university. I respect that. Unfortunately for their sports fans, it means BYU will never be as nationally competitive as the fans would like it to be.

Kitten_Lion

That is too bad. This is the same injury/surgery that Drew Brees had. I honestly don’t expect that Zach will return before spring ball.

I know people give him and his family grief over his decision to go to byu. But he honestly did not fit into the program at the U and would not have seen the field yet, other than garbage time.

I think I have said on here before that the Wilson’s seats are next to ours and I have watched him grow up for well over a decade. They are a great family and I want nothing but the best for them (and Mike was part of our legendary D Line in the early 90s, with Luther Elliss and Bronzell Miller).

8 Likes

Yeah, I don’t get why Ute fans give his mom grief over how she is a fan of her son. She is exactly how the mother of a player should act.
I also agree that he probably wouldn’t play at the U. I understand that the Utes would have recruited Cooper at Lehi before they would have recruited Wilson.

4 Likes

I think he would be successful on the field at Utah, but he would have been buried in the depth chart as currently constituted.

I guess I’m not aware of what she’s doing on social media so maybe she is a bit much. I remember Curtis Brown’s mother seemed like a nutjob.

I completely agree. She is indirectly souring people on her son–me included.

2 Likes

I think it’s fine to give him grief. There were plenty of other scholarship offers for him (including the one he accepted at Boise State). Just go to Boise instead of stabbing your Dad in the back!

Gross. Boise State is a clown school. At least byu is acceptable, academically.

As a parent, I too can understand, but realizing that she apparently lacks the will or wisdom to stay away, makes you wonder how much of a pill she might have been for the Utah program if Zack had come here but was not seeing the field. Overly involved parents are worrisome. Unfortunately for her, the BYU fan base might be exceedingly willing to throw her son under the bus since the family has such strong ties to Utah, and if she being overly aggressive in public to the point of being negative about aspects of the BYU program in the process of defending her baby. I don’t know if that’s the case, but could see it happening, and if so, it’s an unfortunate situation for all involved.

1 Like

Oh please, where’s the eye-roll emoji? Oh, there it is :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t get the anger either. The only thing that has irritated me is the Whitt haters that act like we missed out on the second coming of Steve Young.

1 Like

I agree. He has some moxie and is good most of the time but he makes some awful throws in traffic. He’s lucky he doesn’t have a few more interceptions this year. I’m thinking he’s peaked, that we’ve seen his best.

1 Like

Without better coaching he will not progress appreciably. Isnt most of byu’s O Line Seniors this year? He needs better protection to succeed.

He is a solid player. I know Seattle Ute and family are upset that Zachy wasnt a high priority target for Whitt, but without the Tuttle cockblocking fiasco Z would have been the 3rd priority target that year after Tutt and Cooper Cammon. (Or is it Cammon Cooper? Too many last names to Remember the order)

No, they only have two seniors among their offensive linemen, and I think only one of them (Shoaf) has had significant play. Here’s a link to their roster (it can be sorted by column):
https://byucougars.com/roster/football/

There is always FCS football

2 Likes

Well it is BS University

1 Like