This was a catch!

Hans referenced this earlier today…stunning, really. It has truly been a joy to watch Huntley develop over his time at the U. Credit to Coach Lud as well.

I agree it has been fun to watch!

I was marveling about that throw from high in the stands. Seeing this video makes it all the more impressive. Wow.

2 Likes

Amazing how much better he looks when the receivers actually catch the damn ball.

1 Like

Unbelievable play. I’m diggin’ Hans’s new pointer too. Made me laugh for some reason.

2 Likes

There was a pass in the first half to Dixon that was similar, an out-route downfield on a 3rd & long, on the right side, where Dixon hadn’t broken when the pass was thrown, and by the time JD broke and looked back, the ball was right there.

That’s a big chunk of how Huntley’s got to over 70% completion, racked up the crazy QBR numbers, etc. For a team that throws the ball relatively modest amounts, it’s even more impressive.

It’s a beautiful combination of a QB trusting his receivers, and the WRs-TEs-RBs having faith that if they work hard, block, do their assignments… when the ball’s coming they’re way they’re going to make the play.

Huntley doesn’t really have a go to receiver - the spray pattern is crazy wide - which makes it all even more impressive. Nacua, Thompson, Dixon, Simpkins, Enis, Vickers - these guys have really busted their asses, and it’s all coming together.

2 Likes