The solution for the Pac12-3 is to MERGE WITH THE ACC

Lanning says what many of us are thinking.

Dan Lanning fires shot at Colorado Buffaloes after Pac-12 exit

5 Likes

Your link was 404ā€™ing, so hereā€™s a better one

4 Likes

I am wondering if Arizona issued an ultimatum, given all the noise today about them leaving as early as tomorrow.

Hopefully the numbers are reasonable.

2 Likes

You may be right, as Iā€™ve been hearing chatter ever since CU left that something was happening with AZ.

1 Like

Definitely feels like a day late and a dollar short, or more accurately 13 months late and several million dollars short.

2 Likes

I saw that. I expect Colorad9 may get some RUTS against them. I hope U$C and fUCLA do too.

6 Likes

I think Utah is going to the Big 12 after tomorrow. Especially if Clemson and Florida State leave for the Big Ten, which is looking likely. If thatā€™s the case, it becomes more likely that the ACC grant of rights deal gets broken, opening up more ACC teamsā€™ availability. Many of which might then end up joining the Big 12 to solidify their Eastern wing. In no particular order: Louisville, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh, NC State, Duke, Georgia Tech, Miami, etc. All hell is going to break loose today however after Arizona, ASU, and Utah reject the new media deal and leave for the Big 12. Oregon and Washington will go to the Big Ten with Clemson and Florida State. That will leave just Oregon State, Washington State, Cal, and Stanford in the former Pac-12. They will be forced to essentially merge with the Mountain West, essentially making them an AAC-level league. But if the ACC GOR is broken, it would be the best of both worlds to never have to schedule BYU every again (because weā€™re in the same league) while also gaining a bunch of like-minded schools academically from the ACC. That also would work.

On CFB Reddit there is a post saying Utah isnā€™t answering the B12ā€™s calls.

At this point that is just foolish. The PAC is going away and if Utahā€™s leadership isnā€™t even talking to our only lifeline, they arenā€™t doing their jobs. Maybe there are things going on weā€™re not aware of but if this is true, why on earth isnā€™t Harlan talking to the B12?

Donā€™t believe crap thatā€™s spewed on the troll farm that is Reddit.

Breathe through today and weā€™ll have some illumination by tomorrow.

1 Like

I just donā€™t see Clemson and FSU, two of the academically weakest schools in the ACC, going to the B1G.

The kind of money thatā€™s being thrown around and the national obsession over sports seems to be breaking all those rules. Itā€™s 2023 and all bets (and standards) are off. Iā€™d agree with you 5+ years ago but today :man_shrugging:t2:

Is it fair to say that athletically, SDSU is an upgrade, or at least a wash, with CU?

4 Likes

I should add that, petty as this may sound, I do not wish USC and UCLA the best in their new conference.

6 Likes

I saw that too. As @RUUTES said, donā€™t always believe Reddit. Occasionally a good scoop pops up, but donā€™t take anything as gospel over there.

1 Like

Catch the podcast of Rileyā€™s show yesterday. His interview with Yogi Roth adds some good perspective.

Ha Ha. For all their hype and attention, Oregon has won as many National Championships as displayed on the side of their helmets.

FTFO!

From an article on ESPN, the answer is absolutely yes.

Over the past 10 years, Coloradoā€™s average SP+ ranking is a dismal 82.9, lower than potential expansion candidates Boise State (41.2), San Diego State (57.0) and SMU (80.7), not to mention three other Mountain West programs in Air Force (63.8), Utah State (73.9) and Fresno State (74.4). Hell, Tulsa (86.3), Colorado State (88.0), UTSA (88.4) and Wyoming (89.3) have basically been Coloradoā€™s equals, and North Dakota State and South Dakota State have been Coloradoā€™s superiors despite living in the Football Championship Subdivision. If Yormark manages to snare, say, Arizona, as well, thatā€™s also manageable; the Wildcats have averaged an SP+ ranking of 86.0 since 2016.

It also talks about rankings in Directors Cup (all sports) and Big 12 is getting a back a pretty low level athletic organization. At least bottom half if not worse in some sports.

2 Likes

Definitely an upgrade

3 Likes

Well, this is all about to implode:

3 Likes