The new king of ridiculous bowl game names has arrived

The old Vegas Bowl matchup (MWC Champs vs P12 #5) is now officially the “Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl”.

No, really.

I have nothing against Kimmel per se (I’m completely ambivalent towards him), but this is just silly.

I agree with you. :joy: That name is absolutely stupid for a bowl game. With that said, the Las Vegas Bowl could become a big-time bowl game with the new stadium.

1 Like

I don’t know. I think the Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl is still the worst.

4 Likes

That was the one that came to mind when I saw the thread title.

Do they still have the Belk Bowl? (had to look up what the heck that one is based on, it’s apparently a department store chain that has no stores in the west)

It’s the LA Bowl, and Jimmy Kimmel is the first/current title sponsor. I agree it’s weird and dumb to have the sponsor be a person’s name… but it’s not as bad as the no-identity bowl games like the Redbox or Cheez-it. At least in 3-5 years when the Kimmel agreement ends it will still be the LA Bowl… albeit the Frito Lay LA Bowl, or Amazon LA Bowl or whatever.

I don’t know why everyone is so ignorant of the Bad Boy Mowers Bowl.

Are you Neanderthals incapable of receiving brilliant marketing outreach!?!

Sigh… the end of capitalism must be nigh.

2 Likes

Yeah, played at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte. As for Belk, think Mervyn’s back in the day. Nothing special about Belk.

I forgot about it. But this also tells me that there are WAAAAAAY to many bowl games.

1 Like