The Happy Thread

After the wind storm a bunch of the wood from the fallen trees was collected and split. This was then trucked down to the Navajo Nation for elders to use during the winter. 3 Dump trucks with trailers went down from just our neighborhood. I understand many more truck loads went down from other parts of the city.

1 Like

That was awesome.

1 Like

This one was so special it actually got city ordinances changed so it couldn’t happen again. It is an eyesore.

1 Like

If you know, you know.

2 Likes

It’s where sports and art combine…

1 Like

“I have a real tricky time hearing folks that don’t believe in themselves.”

1 Like

Dobermans? Red and fawn?

Nah, long haired dachshund puppies. They’re so tiny. They’re parents are roughly 10 pounds each. Their parents are also very nice dogs, so we hope that whichever we bring home is at least as nice. The dogs go with us to races and stuff. So temperament is important.

I got through a Council meeting in under 2 hours. Got to get home and get unwound early so I can get a good night’s sleep before the 5:00 am wake up.

It makes me happy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

More happiness, in the form of 3 week old dachshund puppies.

Google Photos

We created an album so you can see.

They’re cute, they’re a bit more active today. Hopefully when we see them next week they’ll be even busier. The silvery coated one escapes from their enclosure. We’re still not sure which we’ll get, but having met their parents any of them would be a good choice.

Hiked Notch Peak again today - only there was a surprise the minute we reached the saddle of the canyon. Four F-35s flew over the crest, inverted and dived down into the canyon. Seriously crazy awesome to see, and the video doesn’t capture how close they really were. Another couple was on the crest they flew over and said it felt like they were going to blow them off the cliff. One of the greatest things I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes
1 Like

Because everyone loves puppies. Here’s our new puppy, we’ll get him in 2 or 3 weeks, and our oldest dog Andry. The puppy is 5 weeks old today.

The pup is a long haired dachshund, and Andry is a wired haired dachshund.

2 Likes

Just thinking of a funny story that happened to me at Home Depot a few years back. I was going to put some metal roofing on a new shed I had built. I was flipping through the large sheets without gloves (not a good idea) and accidentally sliced my thumb on the edge of a sheet. Reflexively I put the cut part of my thumb up to my mouth, and then looked around for a bathroom or a bandaid or something. Just around the corner was the employee break, and so I poked my head in and said to an employee, “Hey, can I bother you for a bandaid or something?”

The employee jumped up and started scrambling around and said, “I better call my manager!” I assured him I was fine and just needed a bandaid. But he called his manager anyway to come to the break room immediately for an emergency on his walkie-talkie. In seconds the manager was there, and so I kind of rolled my eyes and said, “Hey, sorry - I’m just looking for a bandaid, I cut my thumb on the metal roofing over there…”

The manager started hopping all over the place too, but he got me a bandaid. While he was doing that I washed my thumb off in the break room sink and placed the bandaid over the cut. The manager produced a piece of paper and started taking my information down, and said that I would need another piece of paper if I had to go to the ER and Home Depot would take care of everything. I assured him I was fine, but he kept saying to me, “Are you sure?” So I’m starting to wonder if maybe I’m looking pale or something. It did hurt quite a bit, but wasn’t anything that serious. Or maybe he thought I was going to sue or something? I wasn’t really sure. So I kept assuring him I was fine and to not worry.

Finally, after him writing down my info, he says, "You know, I’d feel better if I at least walked you to the car. At this point I’m totally confused so I say sure… and he walks me to the car and as I’m getting in asks me if I feel okay to drive, which of course I do. At this point I’m convinced I must look very pale like I’m going to pass out. So I wave to the guy, close the door and adjust the mirror to see what I look like.

In reflexively putting my thumb up to my mouth, it had sprayed blood all over my face and I didn’t realize it. I looked like I a bystander in some horror movie almost, with tiny splotches of blood across my entire face. No wonder everybody was freaking out, what was a small but somewhat deep cut - but basically minor injury looked on my face like I’d sliced my thumb half off.

Moral of the story - maybe the reason people react to you the way they do is because of the way you look.

6 Likes

One more - you remember Millie Flamm that we helped out with that fundraiser all those years ago. We also did a smaller one for her friend Cami along with some of the extra funds from what we raised for Millie. As you know, unfortunately Millie did not survive her bout with cancer, but Cami did after a bone marrow transplant. I just saw on a social media feed that she’s starring in a movie (looks to be a local production). Hard to believe she is that grown up, and happy to see she is doing so well.

3 Likes

Are you sure you’re feeling okay?!?!

1 Like

I happened across a Facebook post about Martha Raye serving troops in Vietnam, not only as an entertainer but as a nurse. It seemed too good to true, so I checked Snopes. Turns out it’s true, and even a better story because she did the same thing in WWII.

1 Like

Some more puppy generated happiness. He gets to come home with us in a week. He’s 7 weeks old tomorrow.

I’d love to show videos, he’s a busy little puppy. A little unsteady on his feet still, but he’s so outgoing. We’ve had fun watching him grow up since we first met him at 4 days old. We’re very much looking forward to having adventures with Paolo. Yes, we chose that name due to an Italian cyclist, Paolo Bettini.

1 Like
1 Like