The GOAT has retired at Alabama

That wouldn’t surprise me a bit.

1 Like

If I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn’t be more surprised than I would be if that happened. Alabama is a brand that’s already in good shape. They don’t need a marketing guy as HC.

If Clemson can’t get out of the ACC soon (with FSU, UNC, et al.), seems like Dabo would be an excellent choice. A little different style and would have to accept more transfers in than he likes.

Lanning just said ‘if you’re worried about your coach leaving, come to Oregon. I’m not going anywhere.’ $20M buyout is pretty high, but he seems happy (but famous last words of a coach already in talks …).

1 Like

Nah. Dabo is not it. Lanning was an option as is Deboer, Norvell and Sark.

I could see Norvell and DeBoer getting signed by the Tide. Going after Sark would trigger a bidding war with Texas that Alabama wouldn’t be able to match.

Big Oil has deep pockets.

Good exit interview talking about the landscape of college football

I’ll stop now but this is how you say Goodbye to an era. The athletic department pulled Tom Rinaldi for this one:

2 Likes

DeBoer to Alabama

Looks like Kalen DeBoer to Alabama.

:eyes:

I’m 100% fine with this but not holding my breath till I see a PC.

Normally this would make me sad, but Washington is a Big 10 school, so I don’t care.

6 Likes

It also means any players from UW would be able to transfer to Utah.

3 Likes

They could anyway with a 2nd transfer free for at least the 2024 season. But maybe there will be more free agents once the portal opens again.

We already got Lyons from Washington. Hopefully there’s more.

1 Like

We already picked up one of their WR’s yesterday

https://twitter.com/FN_AllUtes/status/1745881462883369416?t=GoAdTYa9pmcfspxsx6DbCg&s=19

1 Like

That move could leave the Huskies cupboard pretty bare. Repeating last season would’ve been damned hard with all of the graduations and NFL jumps.

Whoever the incoming coach to the Huskies ends up being, they will have their hands full.

1 Like

IMG_4847

1 Like

Official Now.

Everyone here in Sea is in full panic all the football coaches gone!

2 Likes

Kind of like TCU this year.

1 Like

At least their HC stayed put. Washington won’t have that.

Looks like DeBoer will be a Tide.

1 Like