The Boylen Show hasn’t changed

Wow. That was brutal. I don’t follow the NBA but read thst out of curiosity. Hard to believe thst guy fooled Chris Hill.

3 Likes

Wow, scathing. Boylen was asked for comment, all he said was “Ball didn’t go in the hoop.”

1 Like

“Glorified meat shield.”

I am going to find a way to incorporate that into a conversation each day for the next week…

2 Likes

I don’t follow the NBA and assumed based on the article that the Bulls would have 5 or 6 wins like the Warriors, but they have 11 and are 2 games out of playoff position.

I don’t miss him. I gave him the benefit of the doubt the first season or 2 he was here, but it just went downhill. Coach K has me baffled at time, especially with the turnover of players, but at least he can get something out of the team.

2 Likes

I always thought Boylen was decent at Xs & Os but was awful at finding talent. That said he wasn’t good at Xs & Os either. The Utes never boxed out on rebounds, almost as if they were coached not to.

K may have some faults but he 100% better than Boylen and sadly, Boylen was 100% improvement over Giac. Now that guy was lost from day one. If he didn’t have Marc Jackson & Bogut, Giac would have been even worse, if that’s possible.

2 Likes

It’s a bit of a pointless argument as they were both awful, but I thought Boylen was a special kind of awful. Giac was just clueless, but Boylen was kind of a dick while also being clueless.

2 Likes

Good point. Clueless to awful. Both are bad, awful is probably worse.

“How did you feel about the schemes?”

1 Like

Its interesting how a number of players that seem to really like him and stand by him.

He gets alot of positive kudos as an assistant and but as the man in charge seems to have issues.

He did give us the best response to a stupid question from the media

1 Like

Watching that reminds me of how amazing it was that quite a few people ardently defended him to the end.

2 Likes