Still no respect i see

ESPN also has Utah at 24 in their power rankings.

2 Likes

15 in FPI and 17 in Sagarin (22, 15 for Oregon).

3 Likes

Our team seems to always play better with a chip on their shoulder anyway. Not too concerned.

We’ve lost 3 games. By an average of 6 points each. That’s both comforting and painful.

First world problems. Does it matter what the A.P. thinks in the era of CFP? Provided Oregon wins out (not a lock) and you don’t lose to anyone else other than Oregon you’re hanging with the Rose Bowl queen.

Big picture.

FTFO!

1 Like

Not me. I don’t want to tax anybody because stealing money from people is wrong.

2 Likes

We’d have to shut this whole board down to enforce that.

7 Likes

BTW, for those confident Ute fans. The public sales of Rose Bowl tix are on Wednesday.

1 Like

What are we, new?

lol. I will probably go ahead and buy some since I am in town every New Year.

I cannot see Oregon making the CFP, even if they manage to win out. I think our only shot at the Rose is to beat Oregon twice. Maybe I am old (ok, not maybe) and jaded, but that is the only path I see.

2 Likes

We’d only need to beat them once (in the CCG) to get to the Rose Bowl.

All that said, I can’t help but feel like all this premature CCG/Rose Bowl talk is going to somehow jinx us. The ghost of losing to a terrible CU in our first year in the P12 with the title game on the line still haunts me.

7 Likes

This team has already exceeded expectations regardless of what some silly National Football Beauty Pageant says. Though I put the odds at minute, I hope they win out, win the PAC 12 Championship, and bludgeon the ever-loving ■■■■ out of the B1G team.

Here’s to hope!

GO UTES!!!

BEAT THE DESERT PRICKLIES!!!

5 Likes

I just want to win this Saturday…

6 Likes

Utah wasn’t very good that year either. Didn’t UCLA go with a 5-4 record? IIRC.

Yep. USC was ineligible, so UCLA went instead. They were 5-4 in conference, 6-8 overall.

1 Like

Well, 6-6 (they did get a pre-emptive waiver that the CCG couldn’t hurt them so they could still go to a bowl), lost the CCG, and lost the bowl game, ending 6-8 :wink: . Just looked up that season and we beat them 31-6 in Week 11. They lost to USC 50-0 but because we lost, they got into the CCG (only lost 49-31). Illinois beat them 20-14 in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl.

If there weren’t divisions, #4 Oregon (8-1) probably would have played #7 Stanford (8-1). Sometimes I wonder if divisions really are worth it.

2 Likes

See, this is why you’re DataUte and I’m not. :wink:

Thanks for the reminder.

Pac12 was supposedly looking into eliminating divisions. Haven’t heard anything since then.

be careful what you wish for, if the PAC12 were in the Eastern/Central Time zones, we’d be competing with the SEC/B1G Texas and OU for eyeballs. If I didn’t see the box scores or an occasional highlight, I wouldn’t even know the ACC was playing this year.

1 Like