Since when did Utah get “Cascade Concrete” snow that you can’t use your snowblower on

Absolute, it’s interesting that you mention the lack of kids pounding the neighborhood for $$ for snow removal. I was whining about similar this summer about lack of kids trying to mow lawns for money here.

Back to the topic at hand, Mrs. CCU was saying that she’s glad we are no longer in SLC with the snow. I just smiled, and said that I wished we were. I miss the snow, and the mountains. To me the snow removal is/was an inconvenience but otherwise a sight that I enjoyed. I really do miss looking at the mountains the morning after a storm had come thru. The clear skies, the snow on the mountains, the quiet before everyone got moving again.

I hope those of you still in the snow are doing well. Don’t hurt yourselves removing it. Try not to get in accidents due to folks not being able to drive properly in the slush and ice.

Thanks so much!
Yeah, I like the quiet of the snow.
Not unlike the “sounds of silence”
It’s a lovely ritual to shovel, wave to neighbors, go for a walk about the hood.
Often, after a big dump, I will snowblow other driveways on a whim if I have the time… Why not?
Sometimes we wake up and our neighbor has returned the favor.
No expectations, just mutual appreciation.
Here’s a look this morning for ya! :wink:

2 Likes

Great pic. My dogs and cats approve.

I erroneously posted it
But I love that shot too!
Alas, now I can’t get the image posted
https://images.app.goo.gl/dpHuNGcCozxtVks5A

Anyway, go Utes!

Views from our retirement home in Stevensville Montana (we live in SoCal):

Living in snow country is not bad when you don’t have to go to work in it. The fly fishing is outstanding. We have our own 24 acre piece of heaven.

4 Likes

That’s lovely!

1 Like

Strangely enough a kid ~9yo rang our doorbell and asked if he could shovel our driveway for ‘dunno, few bucks?’ He got a fiver (it’s a small driveway) because we found it refreshing to see that initiative.

I actually have a south-facing driveway and most days it melts on its own so no reason for a blower. A couple times a year being stuck with just a shovel blows. [tic]

When I was 11-12 I loved shoveling walks on my street. I usually got $1 per walk and thought I was rich.

1 Like