RIP Sean Connery

Excellent actor. Interesting guy.
I must say, I really thought he was striking in Finding Forrester, a lesser known but interesting movie.

Deleted

Perhaps Sean Connery’s best film performance was in Sidney Lumet’s “The Hill” in 1965. It was a box office flop, but the critics loved Connery’s performance. Be sure to watch it if you get a chance.

Thanks! I will.

I actually met him once. As a young lawyer I had helped him get paid for acting in a movie that ended up bombing, and the actors not getting paid. He was very upset about being stiffed, and what I did was very simple, but it got him his money. One day shortly afterwards the partner who had the relationship with Sean suddenly appeared in my office doorway and said, “I have someone here who wants to meet you.” I stood up, wondering who it was, and in the blink of an eye there was Sean Connery standing in front of me.

“That was a sterling piece of work you did for me,” he said, with a thick Scottish burr and with a big grin. His handshake crushed my hand. I don’t recall the rest because I was so star-struck. He was a huge guy and a huge presence, and very warm. I’m 6’3” and he was 6’2” but he seemed to tower over me. It impressed me that he would be so gracious as to go out of his way to thank a young third-year lawyer.

10 Likes

That is a great story.

1 Like

Terrific story.

The first movie I saw Sean Connery in was the 1964 Alfred Hitchcock release of Marnie. My mother took me one evening, I think my dad did not want to go so he stayed home to tend to my four sisters. I was 13. Mr. Connery definitely had an immense presence. What a handsome guy.

1 Like

“Be careful what you shoot at. Most things in here don’t react to well to bullets.”

As a former solid rocket guy involved with SLICBMs I always loved that line.
Bullets

1 Like