Riley Battin

Sure knows how to take a charge. What an ugly, ugly win. But I will take it.

Ugly, but I will take it. I am simply relieved that the losing streak is over.

2 Likes

Maybe we just play better when you’re not watching. Ever thought about that? Huh? Huh?

3 Likes

Or you should never give up on your team until the game is ACTUALLY over. They led for only 14 seconds in the entire second half. And that was all it took. The only thing that matters IS THE SCORE AT THE END OF THE GAME. And Utah had 1 more point than Washington did when the clock read 0:00. THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS. Go Utes!

2 Likes

They would have played like that regardless of whether or not you watched them. They have no clue that you’re watching them play, ergo, it has no bearing whatsoever on the result of the game.

Clearly you don’t understand Rocker Quantum Basketball Mechanics.

1 Like

Whatever floats your boat lol.

1 Like

Actually, the perimeter defense was fine. The strategy was to double team 33 their star player which often left an unguarded player outside. If we were not doubling they would have slaughtered us. We gave up some open outside shots but it was the best decision. On the last two offensive possessions, Washington wanted to go inside to 33 but was not able to do so and as a result ended with a desperate scramble each time. Giving up the open outside shots worked, gave us a chance and we won. Career night aside, it was a path to a win.

2 Likes

Does anyone else absolutely lose their minds when Riley gets the ball under the basket! Crazy pills! That’s what I think I am taking!

Game highlights for those of you who missed all the fun.

4 Likes

It eventually evened out some, but yes at about that time, you had a guy (Wright) who shoots mid 20s% from three that was 4/6 from beyond the arc. I just don’t think you can blame perimeter defense when you the scouting report says let this guy shoot, and all of a sudden he becomes a dead eye. In fact the whole team is mid 30s % from three, and does not make all that many per game. But they lit it up against us while we couldn’t throw a brick in the ocean. I honestly feel a little bit bad for UW if you can believe it, we played so horrible but still won. I know I despise it when we are on the other end of that equation.

You’re right. It’s really because I got my front yard block U lit last night. It wasn’t for the prior three games while I was out of town so that has to be the correlation.

5 Likes