OSU - A huge trap game for the UTES?

Let’s start worrying early.

This is a big game for OSU. They are going to try to use this game to prove they are now a winning PAC-12 program.

OSU is coming off a bye so they have an extra week to prepare. That’s always significant.

For the Utes, this game is sandwiched between 3 huge games (USC, ASU, UCLA). It’s difficult to keep emotions high for a solid month. There’s always a let-down somewhere.

Utes have had their way with OSU lately, winning all 5 games since 2014. Utes could easily overlook them. BUT … OSU has been pretty bad for a while, but showed signs of life last year and is better this year.

Utes are 3-0 at home, but 1-2 on the road. OSU is 3-0 at home (with a big win over UW) and 1-2 on the road. Both teams only road win is at USC!

This one has trap game written all over it.

Way ahead of you on the worry.

That said, I think (hope) this team has learned that you can’t take any opponent for granted. I think (hope) they will be ready to play.

4 Likes

OSU unquestionably has our attention. This will be a tough game in a hostile atmosphere.

The tale of two halves approach isn’t going to get it done in Corvallis.

If we were undefeated and ranked high, sure, it could be a trap. But we’re not, there have already been painful lessons about not showing up.

4 Likes

Utahbopens favored by 4. Utah is winning this by 10

2 Likes

Usually that would mean more but UW is absolute dog$#!+ this year (no pun intended). Would have been a great year for the Utes to play them and have a break from OSU.

Next week feels like a tossup and I have no idea what to expect. All I know is my crew & I will be in Corvallis cheering on our Utes, rain or shine. Hope we have a good contingency of fans there to support this team.

4 Likes