NIL - things that make ya go hmmm?

For future papers you may write On3 is keeping track:

The Cavinder Twins raking in that dough. I think we’ll see more guardrails soon or like the TV deals, money starts to fall. I get the Hoops money. NBA shoe wars are just getting in early.

Didn’t see much of that money and now he’s ranked #68 as the starting QB of Texas. Makes a little under 700k.

A weird thing for me is Alabama only has 1 player in the top 50 (behind Cam) and it’s basically because his Nickname is Kool-Aid and yes they did sign him. Meanwhile, the Buckeyes have 10% of the top 50 even if you don’t count Bronny James.

1 Like

If Saban walks the walk and really tells players shopping for money they can blow…then I will hate him less than in past years.

Random and pointless other question…does the ByU honor code allow NIL?

He’s all for players making money and that’s why Learfield is taking it on in-house. That also adds guardrails so it doesn’t get out of hand. I get the urge to “hate” him but he’s always seemed pro-player and he’s done great things for the Tuscaloosa community. He’s really made charitable giving and work a big thing with players and students. When he gave this speech I was sold on him:

Then during Covid his getting with players to walk to the door where Governor Wallace blocked black students from enrolling to discuss police brutality made me absolutely love the guy:

Say what you will but putting Alabama in lock step with pushing for rights of black people on a campus known to deny them is powerful.

1 Like