New indoor practice field

I think they forgot to factor in global warming. In a decade or two SLC will likely to have the same weather as St. George and the only protection from the weather will be to get out of the inversion.

8 Likes

I’ve got a rough time with this for a couple of reasons: 1) We just had a $31M budget shortfall due to the pandemic, and 2) The Eccles building isn’t that old. Not sure that’s the best of expenses unless some new Mr. Deep Pockets is going to foot the bill.

2 Likes

Things have certainly changed in 50 years. I remember as a kid going with a neighbor to watch indoor practice on dirt at Einer Nielsen. Then came the white bubble, the ECCLES and now this.

2 Likes

So how are November games advantageous to us again, esp. to SoCal/AZ teams if our guys are also practicing in conditioned spaces? I’m just kidding, but I agree - seems like Eccles is still new. What’s better than 1 indoor practice facility? 2! And comes with extra parking. And more space around a full 120 yard field.

2 Likes

Quick question. This isn’t going to be in the existing tailgate lot is it?

Looks like it makes an L with the existing one.

I just hope they don’t encroach on even more of the tailgate lot. They took out a big piece last year.

2 Likes

This was in the tweet above in case you couldn’t see it (I can’t on my work computer)

1 Like

“First rule in government spending: why build one when you can have two at twice the price?” (S.R. Hadden, “Contact”)

1 Like

Fixed it for you.

1 Like

Wish they’d find room somewhere to build an on-campus baseball field. Feels like the Guardsman Way plan has dried up.

2 Likes

Salt Lake City didn’t want to “play ball” on the proposed park because they would lose play space for a number of sports played in Sunnyside Park.

1 Like

This is planned for the west side of Guardsman, not the east.

3 Likes

Whit will always practice outdoors unless the field conditions make it dangerous.

3 Likes