More obnoxious?

Guy in bar who claps super loudly every time his team does anything positive, or fan who cries for a flag on every incomplete pass his team’s QB throws?

Both are equally obnoxious.

I have to admit that I love it when loud clapping guy gets burned when a long completion gets called back because of holding.

2 Likes

Tough call there. I think the loud clapper bothers me the most. I just want to yell at him that the team can’t hear him " television only goes one way stupid". Maybe I’ve seen so many call whiners that I’m used to it.

1 Like

Depends on which one is the Dallas fan.

12 Likes

The one bitching about either :wink: The whiner is more obnoxious, but only by a hair.

1 Like

All fit in the douchey actions category. If you feel they need to be judged by the level of douchiness…ok.

Yeah, but I mostly only vent here and to my wife. We’re forced to endure these guys no matter where we watch a game (outside of my own home).

Just making some small talk. If you feel like it’s not worth responding to…ok.

1 Like

3 Likes

Life’s little pleasures.

2 Likes

I was in a sports bar in Denver a few years ago when the Lions (my team) were playing the Saints in the Wild Card round. There was a table of Saints “fans” (in quotes because were there Saints fans before ten years ago?) that screamed “Who Dat” after literally every play. By the end of the first half, the entire bar had become Lions fans just to try and shut that table up.

2 Likes

both are annoying and sadly iv been both!

3 Likes

I went to a preseason Cardinals game the year after the Saints won the Super Bowl, and I was shocked at how many New Orleans fans were there. I’ve met two people that I know of from Louisiana in my 15 years living in Arizona, and they aren’t even football fans. I can only guess that these were the ultimate bandwagoners, and just like your experience, “who dat” was spoken more commonly than “the”. It was like they were a bunch of babies that all learned their first words together.

Is that thing itchy as hell. Makes me scratch my face just looking at it.

The one exception that I’ve come across is a Chiefs fan who used to frequent a very busy Scottsdale sports bar that I used to live by. This guy looked like Milton from Office Space dressed up in a Derek Thomas jersey, full headdress and warpaint, I ■■■■ you not. His look was ridiculous, and possibly offensive depending on who you talk to, but he didn’t stop there. He always sat squarely in the middle of the crowded bar, and loudly performed the tomahawk chop and chant after every, single first down KC made.

I adored the guy. He always came alone, which is sorta sad, but also kinda admirable. Either way, it made his garish behavior that much funnier. People would mutter about how much of an ass he was, but I never saw anyone actually say anything to him, which added another layer of humor. He was totally oblivious to the people around him, which normally irritates me, but this guy was so goofy and gentle looking that it just made me crack up. Miss that dude.

Whiner. And they also tend to be an expert on every aspect of football.

1 Like