Ma'ake's typically superb breakdown of the Wazzu game

Here it is, from the old board. Worth a read:

http://legacy.utefans.net/message.php?id=1955448#message1955448

One little item he noticed that I had forgotten about in all the wonderment over the great game:

Party Time at RES - The music selection that helps keep fans energized & engaged was fantastic. That’s a newish element, and when things are rolling, the energy between what’s happening on the field, the music, and the endless videos of fans dancing and having a great time is amplified.

There will be varied opinions about that, but I agree. People were really having fun, even when the game was still close.

A few people on Twitter are complaining about the music selection. They feel it’s skewing to older music too much. I sit in the student section, and was suprised to see a lot of current students dancing and singing along to AC/DC and Joan Jett. But they also went crazy for the Miley Cyrus song. I’d like to see whoever choses the music to continue to mix things up. I hate hearing the same stuff every game. and there is apparently 40 years worth of music to choose from to keep people as young as the current students happy.

4 Likes

I can’t remember what game it was last week, but during play reviews they were playing “The Waiting” by Tom Petty. That should be in the rotation.

1 Like

Sure beats the worn out “do-do-do-do” Jeopardy tune.

1 Like

As long as “sweet caroline” is out everything else is good

3 Likes

Nope. It was there and thousands of fans loved it. Not I.

Great tune !!!

2 Likes

I am not a music fashionista. I pretty fine with anything that ain’t country 1-800-goat tunes. When you consider a large amount of the crowd ain’t exactly young, the mix might be right.

Oh, and I remember spinning Sweet - Hooked on a Feeling on the turntable at KOHS in the late 1970’s due to a lot of requests. It’s actually kind of cool Marvel brought it back en vogue.

Rocking some Bobby “Boris” Pickett - Monster Mash for the Cal game might be a trip, too.

2 Likes

I personally don’t really care one way or the other about Sweet Caroline but when I see what seems like the bulk of the stadium singing along I can’t see it going away any time soon. And of course the grumps will continue to grump about it.

1 Like

The guy does put on a great concert.

1 Like

I think even Neil Diamond is getting sick of that song. It might even be causing him marital problems.

2 Likes

Welcome to our new digs!

Not really a fan of that song, but when a huge portion of the audience is enthusiastically calling out “Bah Bah Bah” and “so good so good so good” we’re going to be hearing that one a lot.

1 Like

Let those on Twitter continue to whine

2 Likes