Larry K

Perhaps, but I don’t think I’m alone in my observation here, and by better bball minds than me. Nevertheless, I hope you are right. Larry being successful is certainly the ideal situation.

Seems like as a team we have missed quite a few front ends, and because Timmy shoots a lot of FTs, he’s implicated in that, but again that might be negative bias.

Oh, I remember him. I ran into him at a house party, and he was a kind of a dick. I was carrying a 12 pack and he acted like I was just supposed to just give him a bunch of beer because he was on the basketball team. I gave him a beer each for him and his cronies that were hanging there, but then he started in on me about being stingy or some such. It was a real bummer to me given the players that I knew that were not like that at all. No surprised when he disappeared after the one season.

If this is the case though, couldn’t Larry just yell at him to “remember”, or something indirectly calling for the foul?

1 Like

Rule #1 of College. Never complain about free beer.

That’s just bad form.

4 Likes

Not sure about his house party etiquette but Davison was the Chicago 5-star guy bound for UNLV to play with Larry Johnson and those high flyers but then had to do 16 months in prison for armed robbery.

After he was released, he played for the College of Eastern Utah and Majerus took a chance on him. He rose up and jammed the ball over Mark Eaton in the summer pro-am league that they used to play here in SLC and won a dunk contest the summer before he came to play on the hill.

The famous Ute coach said in one of his roundabout rambles, “What did Jesus say? How many times should we forgive? Seventy times seven. Has (Davison) made a mistake? Yes. Has he been punished? Yes. Will I be on his case? Yes. He comes to our team on our terms. If not, we’ll get rid of him. I’ll be tough on him, but I’m also for giving him a chance.”

I guess one year was enough. I heard of Majerus relentlessly running him up and down the Huntsman Center stairs in practice for mistakes or not listening. He played nearly every game but never started and averaged six points and three rebounds on the 1991-92 team that went 24-11 and came in fourth in the WAC.

He transferred to Pfeiffer College, an NAIA school in North Carolina, but didn’t seem to really flourish there either though I remember hearing he got a CBA run for a short bit on his Chicago reputation.

2 Likes

My bad. You are correct.