Kansas - Kansas State brawl

Wow. This got way out of hand. Could have been horrible if cooler heads hadn’t stopped it. A huge embarrassment for two high-profile programs.

From what I can tell De Souza is the root cause of this, not from blocking the shot but then being a dick and standing over the K-State guy and taunting him. Then he makes things worse by acting like he’lluse that stool as a weapon. If I were the guy making the decision he’d be out a minimum of 10 games.

The worst brawl I ever remember was back in the 70s between Ohio State and Minnesota. An OSU player kneed the Gopher center in the groin after helping him up (total CS move) and all hell broke loose. Future baseball star Dave Winfield contributed by stomping on the head of the OSU center as he laid on the floor from the crotch shot. The whole scene was horrible.

3 Likes

No matter what the big 12‘s response to this is, they will be sending a message. Either you get off easy if you’re a big star like De Souza, or everybody suffers serious consequences for this type of behavior.

2 Likes

I would say that even blocking the shot like that at the end of a game where Kansas was well ahead was a total punk move. Then to act the way he did after was just completely out of line.

2 Likes

People need to train in submission sport and realize how fast one can wind-up dead, permanently disabled or broke/in prison…
I was put-out by the Oregon player who did the same thing after popping Snoop in the championship game.
Should be enough to just make a good play without self aggrandizement

1 Like

De Sousa has been suspended indefinitely by the team (just announced a few minutes ago). Remains to be seen what actions the conference will take.

3 Likes

When Bill Self was at Tulsa, they almost beat the Majerus coached Utes. He was a total prick afterwards, basically talking trash in the post game show.

He’s a hell of a good coach but an a-hole.

Big12 gave De Sousa 12 game suspension. Others involved given shorter sentences.

1 Like