Jason Shelley moving to DB?

That’s what Whitt said will probably happen. I like Shelley a lot and would love to see him on the field more (but not really at QB).

This looks like a good move for Jason.

2 Likes

He is a talented athlete who deserves playing time. I think he showed a lot of guts stepping in for Huntley the way he did last season.

1 Like

Not just guts, he carried the torch to the South title and a championship game berth. Glad to hear he’ll still be here AND that it means one or both new QBs are better than the QB who helped us get to our first South title. That is exciting.

6 Likes

He has been playing safety since practice resumed. Had two interceptions on Saturday. Rising getting No. 2 snaps.

12 Likes

Shelley proved to me that he can play QB at this level. However, I believe he has the ability to play DB in the NFL and I hope that is what the coaches told him and that he sees this move as a means to a paycheck.

4 Likes

A good example of how playing a New Year’s bowl game gives Utah an extra spring practice period, in effect.

7 Likes

He’s too good of an athlete to not be on the field in some capacity. He was all-state in Texas in three sports, for Pete’s sake. This move could make him, dare I say it, our new version of Eric Weddle.

4 Likes

Red star for saying Weddle.

2 Likes

Red star for saying someone said Weddle

3 Likes

He’s a a great athlete and I believe he can really succeed as a DB; maybe, unlike QB, even at the next level. And the good thing is, he’ll only be a Junior next year. Plenty of time to shine.

3 Likes

In kind red star just because.

Given the current situation at safety, it seems plausible we could see him on defense in the bowl game.

2 Likes