I think Alex Jones is toast

He is. That doesn’t mean that you agree with him on all things. But he is a conservative.

AOC is a liberal. But I don’t agree with everything she is for.

Edit to add: That is not to say that I think AOC and Jones are comparable. He is trying to hurt people. She is trying to help, but we may not agree with her on how to do that. I’m just saying that being conservative or liberal doesn’t mean you go along with everything espoused by others.

13 Likes

I agree, though he does present himself as such. As a conservative myself it aggravates me that he even has an audience. He does a disservice to conservatives everywhere.

1 Like

Oldest trick in the book. Make it look like you have a negative net worth by owing millions to a company that you own. This guy is a real piece of work.

6 Likes

I guess the way I look at it is that he does not represent what I consider to be conservative principles or values.

2 Likes

I completely agree with you. And it’s time for traditional conservatives to take back the Republican Party. They are leaving far too many on the fringe, like Jones, and TFG in control.

5 Likes

Fantastic comment, Newbomb. My only addendum is that Liberal and Conservative are not binary, a view that many narrow-minded people hold. I’m a progressive in many areas and conservative in a few others.

8 Likes

I need a beer, a tailgate chair, and a welder’s helmet. I will sit in my chair, in my front yard and drink my beer. When the inevitable meltdown comes; when the last damages ruling come out and the total pot exceeds $100 million; and DOJ shows up with the State’s jewelry to arrest him for conspiracy to commit election fraud and an insurrection.

I will drop the visor and watch the flash.

7 Likes
10 Likes

Thinking about it some more. He seems to be part of what’s called the “alt-right.” I was only vaguely aware of him until the news came out about this trial. I’m hoping they are a fringe group, like the Birchers were in the 50s and early 60s (I was too young to really follow that movement). Eventually true conservatives like William F. Buckley denounced the John Birch Society. That was the beginning of the end of their influence. I hope something like that happens with this alt-right element, because they are disturbing, and the kindest thing I can say about their followers is that they are mostly wrong-headed. Most thoughtful conservative people I know don’t like the alt-right at all. I can think of a couple of very conservative people I know who seem to kind of admire them.

1 Like

He is not a conservative. You have to be sane, and have some understanding of civility and the rule of law to be a real conservative. Jones is a sociopathic narcissist who preys on pain, fear, and contrived conflict as a profit model. There is no truth to be had in his operation except the bottom line. Everything else is developed and served to meet only that end.

As long as Americans struggle like they are now to meet their needs, and as long as someone is willing point fingers and lie about why this struggle is holding them back from achieving their “Madison Avenue Dream,” there will be an Alex Jones. Technology has only created the tools that make him louder.

7 Likes

Yeah, Jones aint trying to conserve anything but his butt.

Conservatism (Latin: conservare , “to retain”) is a political and social philosophy that promotes retaining traditional social institutions.

As you can see, Jones doesn’t fit this description. He’s a pot stirring fool.

2 Likes

How could you have ANY respect for this piece of crap? There is absolutely nothing good that can be said about this man other than announcement of his obituary.

7 Likes

Good question. I’ve met some folks who think he’s great. Those folks were, to say the least, a bit odd. I tried to see their P.O.V., but just couldn’t see what they saw.

As I said earlier, he’s a pot stirrer. Maybe he believes what he peddles, maybe he just says that crap so he can watch the world burn. I don’t know, and don’t want to know. I’d rather he go away.

3 Likes