I like the change to playing minutes Coack K has adopted

Plummer and Janunen could add one more win to Utah’s total, to bring the final conference record to 7-11, about what was projected.

Can’t see this team winning a game in the tourney. Next year is going to be very interesting. I believe that all of the key players will return. Add some fire power from next year’s #1 class, and we are game on. This team is going to be very good next year.

(How’s that for some rose colored glasses?)

Agreed, the rotation tonight was better. Hopefully the Jones injury is not serious.

1 Like

Plummer is great and I’ve been saying it the entire season. We’ve got a lot of raw talent…I’m just hoping we can hang onto it. If not its time to blow up the program.

1 Like

I think this take is correct. I wish it were not.

Its always nice to beat U$C. I hate them.

4 Likes

Yea. For all the Coach K hate, Andy whatshisname at USC is worse AND he’s a cheater. Why does he still have a job?

3 Likes

He has a hot wife?

2 Likes

I don’t there was much question about Plummer as an offensive player, but he was a defensive liability early. He seems to have stepped up on that, however, and that is likely why he’s now getting more minutes.

1 Like

Exactly right. I noticed that K3 sees that the team needs offensive fire power. Even so, last night the team slipped into a scoring drought in each half. Jantunen who can score in bunches was terrible until he wasn’t, missing bunnies to bombs. But K3 kept him in and gave him a green light to shoot away. Eventually, along with his stellar D, he connected.

What has plagued this young team is they frequently mishandle the ball, miss easy shots, cannot find a way to breakdown defenses, have lapses in defense themselves. I can see why longtime observers wonder why K3 is so revered, what’s he done.

I’m hoping that K3 and the Utes can keep all of its players this year, and add some really good talent coming in, become the Utes we all long for. In the meantime, I enjoy watching this team develop and struggle and as in last night, how they manage to win.

4 Likes

To be fair, Plummers shooting has been terrible until lately. Yes, defensive liability was an issue, but the main reason was not making shots. Thrill left him off the efficiency graphs, but I’m guessing he was terrible until lately. Am I happy he is playing well, hell yeah. Did he deserve more minutes until now, hell no.

On other hand, Miki has been deserving of more minutes and I would argue starting for a long time now. Free Juantunen!!!

1 Like

Plummer has athletic ability that most of our other players do not, including the ability to create his own shot and shoot in traffic/under pressure. I’m glad he’s in the lineup and hopefully will continue to get more minutes. We need players like him.

1 Like

I listened to the replay of LK’s weekly press conference and am really confused by what he had to say. Here we are approaching the last game of the season and he is talking about getting the players to buy into consistently playing hard defensively, blocking out, executing the team defensive strategy, making the smart pass, etc. If he hasn’t been able to get this through to these young guys this year, what makes anyone believe he will get through to them or they will do it next year?

1 Like

It’s just Coachspeak. He has nothing new to say but he has to fill the time.

3 Likes

Most of what LK says these days is confusing.

1 Like