I have an appointment with Johnson & Johnson

Got an e-mail telling me that U of U faculty can now be vaccinated. (I didn’t need it because I’ve already been jabbed.) There must be plenty of vaccine available.

2 Likes

I’m quite impressed at how well Utah is doing at getting needles in arms. My friends in CA say it’s very difficult there.

1 Like

I just got my first dose (Moderna) at the Salt Palace. Really slick. They have plenty of helpers there guiding people along. Probably more people helping out and giving shots than there were people getting shots. I live in West Jordan and my round trip was about an hour and 20 minutes. Plus, they set you up an appointment for your second dose.

3 Likes

I was able to get my Mom and MIL (both under 65) vaccinated today - so happy to see this start coming to an end!

1 Like

…(quietly cancels riot)…

4 Likes

Sasha Baron Cohen is selling the vaccine now:

3 Likes

Speaking of vaccines keep an eye out on Malaria. Listened to a couple doctors talking about eradicating malaria with the MRNA vaccine. Covid may evolve medicine where we can eliminate diseases globally.

4 Likes
  • Pfizer vaccine, :heavy_check_mark:
  • Urge to delete Linux and install Microsoft products, :heavy_check_mark:

Seriously, it will open up my lifestyle since for a year I chose to not expose myself where I would be at the mercy of other people, such as:

• Swimming with my great-nephews. Well, maybe not because public pools are gross anyway.
  • Eating in or around restaurants, though I had great food at home.
  • Shopping in non-essential stores instead of giving Jeff Bezos money.
  • Road trips. (Seriously, you have zero control over other people there, especially stopping in rural cities)

I can and will wear masks in public for all of those – except the swimming – likely throughout the summer.

2 Likes

In Japan I had a sore throat from accidentally inhaling sea water. I coughed lightly in a small shop and the next time I turned around, the proprietor had magicked a mask from nowhere and put it on.

I don’t have a lot of hope for this in the US but I do think that as the politicization fades away people will at least get used to seeing masks in public. A lot of the problem was outrage at being told what to do (“muh freedum”). Maybe a few more pandemics down the road will shift the culture where government masking recommendation will be enough.

Definitely will be wearing N95s on any flights.

4 Likes