I believe in Love, Service, Unity and the rest of the crap! Why can't we go back to the names on the jerseys so we can recognize who the heck is playing for the Utes this year?

Where can I buy a program?

Please tell me it’s only for the opening game. I have a room full of confused fans. Dumb.

2 Likes

Pull up the roster on Utahutes.com, and sort by number. Kind of annoying.

1 Like

Didn’t the Zoobs do this first? That alone is a reason to know it is just stupid.

3 Likes

The players wanted it this way so it’s good enough for me.

Sincerely,

SkinyUte

2 Likes

The players wanted it this way so it’s good enough for me.

Sincerely,

SkinyUte

1 Like

I had to copy the alphabetized roster into Excel and sorted it by number. Player height failed to make the leap, but at least I can look up who is who.

Uh…thanks, I guess?

But yeah, pretty much. We’ll all survive for one game.

2 Likes

It was a terrible, goofy idea when Bronco did it and nothing has changed. I hate it. Had no idea who was who. Players should focus on turnovers and stay out of words on uniforms.

This is the whiniest thread I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

The words on back did nothing to affect the game. It did nothing to affect focus. This is nonsense.

1 Like

Utah did that for the infamous 2010 TCU game where we had terms honoring the military instead of names.

I understand it was our players who wanted these jerseys last week. Remains to be seen will it continue or not. Just hope we get to play a few more games at all.

2 Likes

I don’t see the names on the back as the big issue (though it is an issue for those watching from afar). I see a problem with the announcers. Flemming, early in the game, mentioned that identifying the Utah players would be hard, and then says and does nothing to actually help on that end. He was terrible with the situation. He needed to be a much more old-school play-by-play guy and at the end of each play, remark on who ran, passed, caught or was targeted, along with you tackled. Even in the replays, there was no attempt to help the watcher with who participated in the play.

I still have no idea who 99% of the players for Utah that played.

1 Like

Other teams put its message on the back plastic piece of their helmets, and names on the jersey. Maybe go that route. Accomplishes both things.

He also didn’t seem to take issue with USC having nothing on their uniforms.

1 Like

This is dumb. The players wanted it. The NBA did it and the players most likely felt that they could have a voice as well. Penn St doesn’t have Names, neither does USC, ND, etc.

It’s not a big deal and that people are making it a big deal is dumb.

1 Like