How did I not know about Bundy and Utah?

I was a janitor at the U during the period. Bundy was working as a janitor too. I never met him - I was lower campus and he was up the hill. I heard this second half. When he was arrested in Utah his co-workers collected money for his bail. We were paid so poorly they probably got about $10.

When Gilmore got out of jail, and before he got caught for murder and sent back to die, he was living in my buddy Nick’s house a couple of doors up from my house. We were kids at the time, so none of this sunk in then. Nick’s mom was a cousin of Gilmore. What stuck was during the manhunt, the cops went to Nick’s house to see if Gilmore was there. He wasn’t there at the time, but I had never seen that many cop cars at one location before. It was very scary looking.

1 Like

I guess I should see if anyone on here knows Warren Jeffs. I was in Vegas when they caught him. I know he lived around SLC if I remember correct. Guy I was playing blackjack with knew him from SLC.

I never met him, but I went to school with a nice young woman who is working to clean up that mess in Southern Utah / Northern Arizona. Her nonprofit is working to assist those who are leaving the cult to integrate back into the real world.

We got our MPA’s at the same time.

The nonprofit, if you are interested is called Cherish Families.

1 Like

I went on a date with a Jessop once if that counts for anything.

Spoiler alert: it doesn’t.

1 Like

My boss when I was in school and worked at the U hospital was dating a cop. He was the officer who arrested Bundy. He said Bundy’s VW bug had a milk crate full of women’s underwear, and that there were distinguishable pubes from 40+ women in his car.

That doesn’t mean he killed them all, but he got a lot of them. Including the older sister of one of my friends in HS.

Same theme, different verse.

I worked at the prison during Law School & helped Ervil LeBaron file a civil rights suit for visitation with more than 1 wife. A real weirdo. He went on a hunger strike & would only eat grapefruit. He appointed my boss as the Attorney General of his Kingdom of God.
P.S. He died before his case was resolved.

3 Likes