Gach declared for the draft

I assume it’s one of this put your toe in the water deals.

He’s not ready.

2 Likes

Because of his shooting prowess? Passing prowess? Ball-handling prowess? :slight_smile:

I’d speculate he just wants some feedback.

1 Like

Didn’t Tillman do that before he entered the portal? Hope that’s not happening here.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m afraid of.

2 Likes

I thought they ended the draft in 1973.

1 Like

He’s more ready for the Military draft than the NBA Draft

1 Like

I am sure it is the report request and not a declaration. In short, he’s not close to ready. He needs more development. If he does declare, the best he could hope for is the G-League. That said, the league does develop talent and he would get paid now.

Wait a year and he might get paid better.

Needs to improve 3 pt shooting % by 10 percentage points.

1 Like

The story.

Not good for the program.

1 Like

Why is it bad for the program?

1 Like

Not sure how this is not good.

Sounds like he merely wants input in what the pros think he needs to improve.

2 Likes

I think it shows instability. I’m also remembering that Tillman bolted after doing the same thing. So let me worry in peace! :wink:

Nope. If you want to worry in peace you don’t post about it.

This is the new reality in college basketball.

I really wonder if the AAU stuff etc drives kids to think they all have a chance to get rich playing ball.

1 Like

You said you’re not sure how this development is not good. I told you why I think so. Admittedly I’m a worry wart. Then again, LK’s tenure gives us lots to worry about.

Not a huge surprise. I haven’t seen him in any mock drafts, but he pops up on some Top 100 lists so all the NBA teams know who he is.

1 Like

Look, Im not going to sit here and tell you to not worry about Gach transferring because this is the modern era and as our good friend Paul Finebaum would say…“Its Utah!”

But worrying about Gach leaving because he declared for the draft and Tillman did the same thing and then left ultimately is a complete logical disconnect. For one thing, youre ignoring 2016 Kuzma and 2018 Barefield. Youre also overlooking the off the court issues Tillman had while here (that BTW, Larry worked hard to keep a private matter) and if you dont believe me, wait until you see Tillman’s name in the portal- you will soon.

So many guys across the country do this each year that they even updated the rules to where you can hire an agent to help you through the process and still maintain your eligibility if you want. Heck, in some cases, you can even keep your name in all the way to the end and return to school if you dont get drafted.

If Gach wanted to leave, he can easily enter his name into the portal. In all likelihood, he simply wants the feedback. I wouldnt be surprised if Timmy Allen did the same thing.

2 Likes

Tillman is on the move again. Saw it in the Twitters.

I’m still worrying. But a little less.

1 Like

So his mother is feeling better?

2 Likes