Funny my co-worker was so excited and asked if I watched the bywho game yesterday. I responded did they play. He left my office rejected

They think because they are playing and we are not they are more relevant

I get headlines for them because I have SLC for a newsfeed. I know that BYU played, and based on the score played decently. But I also know that Navy has a very young team, unlike last year’s Navy team. So lesson here, let BYU fan be excited, just don’t care if they play.

2 Likes

Sharing a religion with those that went there, it’s so satisfying to not even know they played and who they played. I follow, in order: Utah, Texas (grad school), PAC-12, BIG12, Top 25 teams, other local teams (CU, CSU, AFA). I follow Utah’s non-conference opponents the week they play them, maybe a week before or after, so if we have them on our schedule, it’s a couple weeks loose attention at most.

Last year, when people asked me if I saw the game (even though they know I’m a Utah fan), I loved the looks when I asked which one (Utah, conference, big Saturday ABC/ESPN game, …). Really, I have no idea fellas, just like I don’t know how Nevada, UTEP, Southern Mississippi, Middle Tennessee St., or any other G5 that I don’t follow. Maybe I saw the score just scanning through the day’s results, but sorry, just don’t care.

3 Likes

So last night at about halftime I checked ESPN to see what was happening. I saw that byu-provo was winning in a blowout.

So I watched the director’s cut of Woodstock the movie. That was time much better spent, regardless of the out come of the game.

9 Likes

TCM? I caught the end of that. Hendrix. Crazy that he closed the thing out with relatively few people still there watching/listening.

1 Like

Watching them act like this is a real season is mildly amusing. It sucks we don’t have games to watch, but watching the puff their chest for beating the sisters of the poor and Bo Diddley CC is comic gold.

1 Like

Not sure who you are all talking about. Did somebody play?

3 Likes

Woodstock really is a wonderful documentary/ethnography

1 Like

I watched the game and presently byu is more relevant because they are playing and we’re not. Overall byu football is not important but if relevancy was a scale from 1 to 10 byu would be a 3 and Utah would be a 1. That will change the moment Utah starts playing again but for now we don’t matter.

My interest in sports has been utterly destroyed by the Rona. I used to watch ESPN Sportscenter to see what had happened. I would watch college football on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Something got broken by what has happened. And I’m certainly not going to watch the TDS.

During these times my interests are:

1. Syracuse football (grad school), but I’m not optimistic that the ACC will actually keep going.
  2. Dodgers. They’ve got this.
  3. LV Golden Knights. They’ve also got this, I think.
  4. Patriots. Maybe, they look awful.
2 Likes

It’s funny that I didn’t even realize they were playing, or rather that they had even played.

But now I see why they need to keep us on the schedule. Without our game they drop even further into irrelevance.

3 Likes

Man, the Dodgers are something else right now. Did you catch the Rockies game? Rockies his a big home run to go up, lots of celebrating. Next inning? HR, HR, HR, Dodgers back in the lead. They are a FORCE.

3 Likes

You weren’t the only one. Their ratings were the worst ESPN has ever had for Labor Day. BYU was THE game for weeks, hyped up, a decent opponent…and no one cared. lol. Some articles had predictions of a 1.5 rating, and I think BYU pulled in a .35. They bombed.

4 Likes

This right here…
Worst in 16 years

1 Like

I think there’s very little buzz for college football in general. The lack of cohesion and leadership made a mess of everything. They usually start with a few marquee match ups. Now probably nobody on this college football message board even knows who is playing this weekend.

They could have united, set up a great timeline, advertised the conference only schedules, etc. They could have had hype. But they blew it.

They are playing football this weekend?

1 Like

They are.

1 Like

I would disagree even if they are playing and we are not. The rating Monday night was the worse watched game on labor day for ESPN

1 Like

Nope

1 Like

was it worse than the 0 we had?