For what it's worth

I like it. SDSU has a solid b-ball program and a pretty decent football team which could excel with P5 money. It keeps the Pac in the Southern California market and is a recruiting hot bed. Now, does the Pac need 12 schools? We’ll see if UCLA gets blocked from leaving. I’d like TCU for the 12th team if the money is appealing enough for them.

2 Likes

I don’t really like it, but it’s among many things in life that I care about, but over which I have no control. Like everybody else, I will adapt if this becomes the reality.

4 Likes

Is that a Utah flag behind him?

No. I believe it’s USC.

1 Like

It might be U$C, but we can pretend it’s Utah…even though it is likely Will Ferrell gave it to him. :wink:

1 Like

Ha Ha Ha.

Nope.

FTFO!

1 Like

A rumor goes halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its shoes on.

3 Likes

Can they change the name to University of California at San Diego? I heard it’s giving PhDs now.

I don’t think the existing UC San Diego would appreciate the confusion that would cause.
https://ucsd.edu/about/index.html

1 Like

Let’s admit UC Sand Diego instead.

1 Like

Academically, that would be a definite yes.

San Diego State ia actually harder to get into than some UC schools. Back in the 80’s and 90’s ,if you could beer bong 3 beers in 6 minutes you were in!

1 Like

I’m not counting UCSC and Merced. :slight_smile:

You can’t just change names. The University of California system is quite different than the California State University system. They have different goals and different hierarchy. Plus there’s already a UC San Diego.

1 Like

There’s been some online chatter about efforts to get UCLA to reverse course.

If Bill Walton gets his wish & we end up with UCLA and SDSU in the league, it would be a reasonably decent save, from much worse initial news.

Not ideal, but literally a thousand miles better than travelling to Manhattan (KS).

4 Likes

Aw, bummer, I thought this thread was going to be about Buffalo Springfield.

5 Likes

Let’s make that happen…

4 Likes

And probably not have to see FTFO

2 Likes

Let’s not get carried away.

FTFO!