First there was Barry Switzer, now we have Paul Finebaum

Good things happen when Utah football gets disrespect!

I think Iā€™ve listened to Finebaum once. He came across as an arrogant imbecile. Not sure what heā€™s ever done in the football world, but at least Bozo the Switzer coached.

1 Like

Fortunately Iā€™ve never given a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  about anything any of those a$$wipesā€™ opinions.

5 Likes

I watch ā€œGet Upā€ in the morning and I was laughing my ass off when Finebaum said that. My retort? ā– ā– ā– ā–  it, letā€™s just pick Notre Dame, USC, Alabama, and Michigan because evidently thatā€™s who everyone would want to watch right? Just put in whatever teams can pull the most eyeballs, performance be damned.

Talk about idiotic statementsā€¦

6 Likes

Backing up what Rocker said, I understand that Finebaum has a contract with the SEC. So heā€™s a paid shill. (According to Bill Riley.) I think his statement is going to be counter-productive for him. The sheer arrogance of it is breathtaking. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the CFP committee members are inwardly offended at the notion that their choices should be guided by TV ratings.

2 Likes

Of course Iā€™m biased towards the Utes but letā€™s take them out of it, just for discussions sake. Hereā€™s my thought: 1) I get tired of seeing the same old teams in playoffs of any sport, which is I why I actively cheer for the NE Patriots to lose. I hate ā€œdynastiesā€. 2) who doesnā€™t love an underdog. I always root for the underdog unless itā€™s a team I have an affinity for. Utes fit the bill in both cases (assuming we beat Oregon of course). Bagbaum ā€¦ er I mean Fingerbalm doesnā€™t know WTF heā€™s even talking about. As Rocker said, heā€™s shilling/lobbying for his Bama overlords like the good little lap-dog he is. However, his logic doesnā€™t actually hold up :smiley:

4 Likes

3 Likes

Heā€™s a Tennessee grad and had always pulled for Auburn. He is also saying the Saban Dynasty is over quite often. Heā€™s a horrid shill if heā€™s ours. He is however an SEC Network host. So yeah, he wants two SEC teams. Helps protect his bag.

And heā€™s had it in for Utah since we beat his precious Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. No surprise here. Heā€™s just an arrogant little dick.

1 Like

Put that mutherfā€™ing video clip on a loop in the Utah locker room for the next 48 hours. Sorry Oregon, blame it on Mandlebaum.

1 Like

People fall down the stairs at ESPN all the timeā€¦

2 Likes

Nah. Saban is also tired of his ā– ā– ā– ā–  as well. He tried to pull some crap about Sabanā€™s program and got smacked down in the past. Heā€™s all SEC but not pro-Alabama:

For more context Saban is known for second and third chances and Finebaum murders him publicly for it. This was a PC addressing Sabanā€™s philosophy:

The good news is that the CFP committee hate him so the more he bad mouths Utah the better

If anything heā€™s generating sympathy for the Utes from the Committee. Maybe Spence Eccles paid him to say those things.

1 Like

Fubebaumā€™s show was trolling the trailer parks to put our worst family members on a national stage.

1 Like

Off topic but, Finebaumā€™s employment is sexist.

If you plot stupid/smart as the x axis and good looking/ ugly on the y axis he is definitely in the stupid/ugly quadrant. Where are the female national broadcasters in that quadrant? A woman must be either smart or good looking (it seems this is the preferred parameter) to have a spot on national television.
I think ESPN in all fairness should hire an ugly and stupid woman to balance it out. I never see ugly women on broadcast television. Stupid women are there sometimes, but never both stupid and ugly.
Donā€™t tell me he is handsome because Iā€™m prettier than him and only my wife thinks Iā€™m handsome. (stupid goes without saying)

Thanks for that video. It makes me like Coach Saban more. I completely agree with him.

1 Like

Finebaum looks like a badger penis with dumbo ears.

2 Likes

He looks like Squidward and Alfalfaā€™s lovechild.