Father of two former Utes dies

Ute fans who have followed the team since at least the '90s probably remember Henry and Harold Lusk. I came across an article about their father (a minister and former NFL player), who just passed away. And apparently he was the first player to kneel in the end zone.

I hope his memory stays strong in Philly.

1 Like

Condolences to the Lusk family. Henry & Harold were both really good players, with completely different personalities.

Light-hearted memory of Harold Lusk: KALL’s Brad Stone was doing a live interview with Coach Mac at practice one day, doing the typical Q&A.

Stone: “What about the defensive secondary, coach? The safeties seem to be set, and Harold Lusk… he never seems to be at a loss for words”. (Harold used to loudly chatter all practice long, driving everyone nuts)

Mac: “Yeah, no ■■■■. Wait… are we on the air? Hey, I’m really sorry about that.”

Vintage Mac.

Anyway, the Lusk brothers are part of many fond memories from the Mac era. It was apparent to everyone they came from a really strong family.

5 Likes

Harold Lusk’s 100-yard game-clinching INT for a touchdown at Colorado State when both teams were in the top 15 is one the most memorable plays in school history.

7 Likes