ESPN moves us up to 5th

Link is at the end of the quoted section. If we beat Colorado and LSU beats Georgia, we’re in the best shape we can possibly be.

5. Utah (10-1)

The Utes manhandled another Pac-12 opponent on Saturday night, winning 35-7 at Arizona, and moved a step closer to clinching the Pac-12 South and playing in the league’s championship game. Utah can win the division by beating Colorado at home next weekend. If the Utes lose to the Buffaloes, USC will play in the Pac-12 championship game. With Oregon and Penn State losing on Saturday, the Utes also got help in trying to reach the top four of the CFP standings. Utah’s defense didn’t have any problems slowing down Arizona’s woeful offense. The Wildcats punted on their only four possessions of the first half, and then turned it over on downs on each of the first two drives in the second half; Arizona finished with 196 yards of offense. Utah tailback Zack Moss ran 26 times for 203 yards with one score in three quarters. Moss is the Utah career record holder for rushing yards, rushing attempts, rushing touchdowns, 100-yard games and total touchdowns. Quarterback Tyler Huntley was equally efficient, completing 19 of 23 passes for 211 yards with one touchdown and one interception.

Up next: vs. Colorado (Saturday, TBD)

College football power rankings for Week 13

Utah is still #12 in the FPI, which is ESPN’s computer ranking. This is a human power ranking.

If we beat the Buffs and then prevail in Santa Clara, I’m going to be ecstatic, out of my mind happy. We would on our way to the freaking ROSE BOWL ! ! !

If we were to somehow win both games and get into the CFP, that would be beyond awesome as well… but whether we get in or not, the current format needs to be changed, ie, 8 teams.

This entire drama about fighting our way into the 4th spot, and hoping others lose, is proof the format is screwed up. P5 conference champs should be in. Period.

Until that changes, my dream is Pasadena. If our destination is Dallas or Miami in late December, absolutely I’m switching gears and getting reservations. (Actually, this team has earned my willingness to go wherever they end up.)

Let that sink in, Ute Nation: We have a clear path to playing on New Years Day, with just 2 games remaining.

6 Likes

My bad. I posted that at 3:30 a.m. so I plead sleep deprivation.

This is the only place I have seen this claim made. Everyone - EVERYONE else I’ve seen has pegged the Oregon loss as a negative for Utah. Odd.

1 Like

Please don’t interfere with my confirmation bias. It’s working for me. :crazy_face:

2 Likes