Do the Utes really want a bye week?

Ugh. I mean, I addressed it, but you’ve chosen to ignore it. Good on ya.

You addressed why you think a team that didn’t win a conference champ with a worse strength of schedule deserves in because of the name on their chest?

The new playoff rules state that the top 6 conference winners get a playoff bid. Seeds 1-4 must be conference winners (Notre dame can’t be a 1-4 seed unless they join a conference)

It may be the thing that gets them to finally join the ACC.

1 Like

Notre Dame loves the new rule, and their AD helped craft the rule. They think of it as getting a bye earlier rather than later. Instead of playing a difficult opponent for the conference championship, they play a difficult opponent in the first round of the playoff. Also, instead of that difficult game being at a neutral location, there’s a very good chance of it being a home game for Notre Dame.

If anything, this structure helps ensure Notre Dame stays independent.

1 Like

Your bad take just got even worse.

1 Like

L. O. L.

This response has nothing to do with USC’s bowl game. Do you realize that USC thought they were going to be in the playoffs? And they ended up playing Tulane? And it still took Tulane being insanely lucky to beat USC?

But the take home message for you is that Tulane could step in and compete week in, week out in the SEC or B1G or P12?

L. O. L.

Good on ya. Thanks for the laugh.

So, you believe “they didn’t want to be there?” Do I believe Tulane who beat the Big XII champ, and the Pac 12 runner up could manage the rigors of the Big 1G that has a dismal bowl season? yes. You were the one saying Washington would deserve in the playoff over Tulane in a playoff situation. “UW or Oregon would whip Tulane” which shows you obviously go by name on chest over proof on field.

2 Likes

Props to Tulane on the win. They made the plays to get the win.

Memo to C. Williams: Don’t put your pro career at risk by playing another season for the Idiot coach who will kill your shot at having a pro career. You’ve proven all you need to prove,

2 Likes

The same Tulane who beat Kansas St then immediately lost their next game? THAT Tulane?

Utah played Oregon St, @UCLA and USC three straight weeks. Tulane MAYBE gets one win in that three week stretch.

Which is my whole point (and you keep missing). Tulane shouldn’t be rewarded for winning one game and UW penalized for playing a much tougher schedule.

Who’s talking about Utah? You brought up Washington. As if Tulane who beat the Pac 12 runner up and Big XII champ couldn’t handle a Stanford, UCLA, Arizona State, Arizona, Cal and Oregon State stretch. Lol. Pac 12 went 3-4 in Bowls. Pump your brakes.

Keep trying to rephrase your argument.

2 Likes