Dan Patrick is reporting it is over

If you can’t be on a football field should you be in a dorm?

It’s weird the places that cancel football but not in person classes.

I’m guessing that liability concerns are greater for football than for in person classes.

I can’t imagine non-sports threads happening on this site…

2 Likes

I suspect the unionizing helped drive the decision too. Ended that right quick.

1 Like

and spring, and summer :frowning:

1 Like

I did not find a study that matched this description. (Maybe my Google skills suck.) Anyone have a link? Given the recency of the disease, I suspect there are no long-term studies, as yet, regarding the effect of this disease on young people. At this point, data is limited, and studies will necessarily have limitations, including the possibility of mere correlation (as opposed to causation). I did find this: COVID-19–Associated Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children — United States, March–July 2020 | MMWR

Interesting read, but the numbers are small. I’m still thinking about it, but this study does not change my mind about the degree of increased risk that Covid-19 poses to player health and safety. Again, I would be in favor of letting players opt out if they do not want to play. But if we are looking for zero risk to football players (including their future health), we should probably stop playing the game altogether (or drastically change the rules).

1 Like

This one was interesting and 100 patient cohort isn’t insignificant.

2 Likes