CU might be last home game for whom?

Utah football posted that Devin Lloyd is invited to the Senior Bowl. Are the rules relaxed because covid gave an extra year (but we know Lloyd should go pro with a 1st round grade)?

What other starters/impact players might have their last home game against Colorado? Who do I have wrong or any info (knowing that no one is thinking about this yet)?

Offense

• Olaseni, OL RS SR/TR
  • Niumatalolo, FB SR - season-ending injury (right?), so won’t play?
  • Howard, WR GR/TR
  • Covey, WR (heard he might make this his last year even though he has 1 more year of eligibility)
  • Nick Ford, OL RS JR - does he come back? Test NFL?
  • Kuithe, TE JR - test NFL?
  • Kincaid, TE JR/TR - test NFL or return?
  • Fotheringham, TE JR - would guess he stays another year?
  • Enis, WR JR - should return
  • Pledger, RB JR/TR - should return

Defense

• Davis, FS SR
  • Lloyd, LB RS JR - NFL 1st round
  • Moala, DT RS SR/TR - is his eligibility up or any possibility of medical RS?
  • Tafua, DE JR - return or test NFL?
  • Sewell, ROVER JR/TR - I think he returns. Hope so. With more work, should be drafted

Utah has 9 seniors and 15 juniors Covid Juniors currently on the roster. They have 81 scholarship players not including the seniors.

In addition to the seniors you listed, Keegan Markgraf, Tyrone Young-Smith, Brandon McKinney and Huati Pututau are seniors and do not have remaining eligibility.
Although Covid juniors still have a remaining year of eligibility, I don’t think we can underestimate the physical and mental toll of football and it will not surprise me at all if a number of those guys decide to move on with life, whether it is to give the NFL a shot or not.
At the end of the day, I suspect that 50% of the juniors will not be on the roster next fall.

1 Like