COVID-19 Discussion (No Politics)

Here’s a notable case:

Coworker’s daughter, anti-vaxer, got Covid last year, was hospitalized for about a week. Got Covid again about a month ago, hospitalized again. Treated with Paxlovid, symptom free 10 hours later.

4 Likes

I’ve had Type 1 diabetes since 1974. The leading theory is Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune response where the body is forced to fight off an exterior threat from a virus, but in doing so it recognizes the insulin producing cells in the pancreas as being infected when they’re not. There needs to be an external prompt that creates the immune response, and that’s why there’s an inconsistent trend of diabetes in certain families because not everyone is exposed to the presence of the virus. Bottom line is it’s a genetic immune tendency that’s only brought out when the person is exposed to the virus, and the pancreas is the innocent victim in the process. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if we see greater Type 1 diabetes diagnoses because everyone’s immune system is rapidly trying to figure out how to fight this unusual threat and the pancreas is inadvertently in the crosshairs. This sucks.

3 Likes

I’m going to guess she uses Medicaid and didn’t pay a dime she cared about. That tends to happen a lot in some of my wife’s circles.

I got my 2nd booster, Moderna after three Pfizer’s, on Monday. I had a sore arm for a day or so. My wife had a fever and basically slept for 24 hours, she’s feeling much better today. We’re hoping for an Omicron specific booster this fall.

7 Likes
2 Likes

Did they retrofit Novavax with the Microsoft chip in the US? Did anyone check the EULA?

I have a feeling nearly anyone who’s been refusing the vaccine so far because of the mRNA tech will find ways to refuse this one. My stepkids have suddenly decided they have egg allergies (they don’t) and I worry it’s a precursor to antivax nonsense. Makes me sad.

7 Likes

I got vaccinated; and if you ask my wife, I became allergic to work. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I had to quit partaking a couple of weeks ago.l

3 Likes
2 Likes

Here’s a sad story about how people are still getting conned by bad COVID treatment information.

Fake COVID treatment scams continue

My regular visibility into this world comes through our cleaning lady, who’s all in on the conspiracy of the week. (I think she has a close friend who’s a Q since she likes to try to go down the “deep state” rabbit hole regularly.). We have an anti-vax daughter-in-law who got COVID last fall (her daughter is likely the person I got it from) and who just got it again about six weeks ago. She’s used ivermectin for it. Since she’s recovered the cleaning lady thinks this is proof ivermectin works as a treatment. My response that I took vitamin C and got better doesn’t mean vitamin C cures COVID went right over her head. There’s a lot of dumb out there.

5 Likes

Just an update - as a member of the deep state, we haven’t held a meeting in months and continue to be highly disorganized. Turns out Kanab banning the UN really threw a wrench into the works. Also, despite what you may think when raising the dead… that even though we brought RFK back to life, he still smells like grim death. That really got attendance down in meetings. Hopefully we get our stuff together in time to rig the mid-term elections, but it isn’t looking promising.

But as far as Covid goes, if you think that was bad wait until the successor to monkeypox comes out… donkeypox is going to give us full control.

4 Likes

A High School education used to mean something

2 Likes

The DIL has college degrees and owns an alternative medicine clinic in SLC. (I don’t want to affect her business so that’s all I’ll say.) The cleaning woman’s father was an anesthesiologist. You’d think something would have sunk in.

2 Likes

The stupidity around vaccines produces this - a disease basically eradicated from the US 10 years ago is back.

A good friend of mine who passed a couple of years ago now had polio as a child and suffered from post-polio problems and resulting complications that lead to her death. After seeing all she went through I felt a great deal of gratitude that that once common disease wasn’t an issue for me or my children, nor its long-term devastating effects.

5 Likes

well… I guess we have the solution for population growth.

1 Like

…but…isn’t that what Soylent Green was supposed to do?

Alrighty, so it was confirmed this evening I had a bout of covid over the last few days. Wasn’t the worst thing ever, but surely wasn’t fun. I’ve felt worse with my UC. Felt like a really bad case of allergies and congestion.

What really bothers me, is that we’re supposed to fly to SLC for my SiL wedding reception/party and I hate/despise/loathe masks. I’ll wear one, mostly so I lessen the risk of elderly relatives getting the damned bug. Hard to think of my parents as elderly, same for my MiL, and her sister.

1 Like

Ugh.

1 Like

Ugh is right…

'Those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it”. George Santayana -1905

Unfortunately, when it comes to public health, those who cannot learn from history also drag those of us who can along for the ride.

5 Likes

I was thinking about this the other day. So I guess anti-vaxxing is the new norm for 30%+ of the population in this country (much, much worse in some states/regions). Meaning polio, measles - you name it - are all gonna come roaring back for good. Oh and that includes MPV (monkeypox)…even when the vaccine becomes readily available they won’t take it. God help us.

5 Likes