Could the APAC Conference work?

Probably what the Big XII will do if they merge with the Pac-12. No need for two teams in Utah.

1 Like

lol Yes I’m sure Oregon and Washington and Stanford want to merge with the big xii and trade what washington state for iowa state?

BYU is the Iowa State of religious schools so who knows?

3 Likes

Why would you insult Iowa State?

4 Likes

Wait in your analogy is it good or bad to be a religious school? (or neutral?)

Also Iowa state is a fine enough school i’m sure but i’m just using them as an example stanford likely not wanting to merge with the big xii. Irrespective of byu, a conference of true equal to the SEC and Big 10 being formed is very unlikely.

And i think it’s great, that the southeast in particular, with it’s high levels of poverty and poor education outcomes, have these SEC schools be even higher profile and create opportunities for upward mobility. There are no power 5 schools in california than anyone has any chance of getting admitted to at this point. And many of the other elite academic intuitions in this country are not well known and impossible to get accepted to - so anything that breaks the cycle is fine by me.

I went to a school that would be classified an upper tier Religious school (My family helped start the Univ of Alabama and being dragged to the games is why I am a fan. They also helped start Yale and Alabama A&M). One of those religious schools that put out a ton of ministers, missionaries and whatnot. Not like Duke which is Methodist (like me) but more secular. I mean, my campus was probably as extreme as BYU but also unlike BYU had a strong liberal side to it to match the conservatives.

This is really misguided. Many friends of mine were low-income like me (even though I have relatives who helped start colleges money is lost through generations). I have quite a few who got in the UC system and transferred to UCLA and Cal their sophomore years. The UC system, to me, may be the greatest educational system in our country.

1 Like

“I went to a school that would be classified an upper tier Religious school (My family helped start the Univ of Alabama and being dragged to the games is why I am a fan. They also helped start Yale and Alabama A&M). One of those religious schools that put out a ton of ministers, missionaries and whatnot. Not like Duke which is Methodist (like me) but more secular. I mean, my campus was probably as extreme as BYU but also unlike BYU had a strong liberal side to it to match the conservatives.”

You may or not be as informed on BYU as you claim, but regardless it seems like you’re making the case that being a religious school is ultimately neutral - which is fine therefore i don’t think being the “iowa state of byu of religious schools” or whatever really means anything then since Iowa state is fine and since you’re apparently neutral on religious schools. Whatever your family did or did not do doesn’t have bearing on me or whether or not you’re correct about the Pac 12 and Big 12 merger whatsoever.

“This is really misguided. Many friends of mine were low-income like me (even though I have relatives who helped start colleges money is lost through generations). I have quite a few who got in the UC system and transferred to UCLA and Cal their sophomore years. The UC system, to me, may be the greatest educational system in our country.”

Yes the transfer program is nice way to make the best of a less than ideal situation, and I know plenty that have done. I have issues with the high UC cost and low acceptance rates to say nothing of USC and Stanford (and even Stanford still definitely factors in family donation and legacy admission into the mix which certainly perpetuates class distinction). Class immobility and inequality appear to be only getting worse in the USA and seeing a traditionally less prestigious school beat up on prestigious one is always enjoyable.

1 Like

I am correct though BYU is the Iowa State of religious schools. A little brother who thinks they are greater than what they actually are. So much so if Iowa were to join the Big XII they would drop them in a heartbeat.

4 Likes