Coronacation Quarantine Reading Assignment

In light of all sports being cancelled, and the lack of Spring Practice reports, we are all going to have a gaping crater in our cold, black souls we need to fill.

I recently read a delightful book that many here will appreciate. The book is, “Rammed Jammer Yellow Hammer: A Journey into the Heart of Fan Mania” by Warren St. John.

The author is an Alabama native and Cornell-trained journalist, who wanted to write an expose narrative of the tailgating culture surrounding Alabama football.

He followed the team for a season, attending all Home and Away games during the 1999 season (IIRC). The story is uproarious and poignant, and gives an insight into the very meaning of being a fan.

I found the book highly enjoyable. Give it a read!

Collision Low Crossers.

Guy embedded with the NY Jets for a year, maybe 2011 or so. Loved it, even without Jets interest per se (Seahawks fan). Great book if anyone is looking for more sports reads.

I’ll recommend Pacific Rims by Rafe Bartholomew. Who knew that basketball is the most popular sport in the Philippines?

NFL announced it is offering free game pass, if you want to watch old games instead of read.