Conference Bowl Records

BamaFANky,
I agree, and frankly, I think you did underestimate the PAC. Like many do.
I also think any upper tier or bottom tier of a division conference can likely match with the same in other conferences.
I don’t think there’s all that much separation in the conference’s. Less than people think. I don’t have a scientific rationale for that. I just think people identify in some weird way and there’s actually a lot more parity in football than some would like to admit.

Sure, the SEC and other conferences get more/higher ranked recruits, maybe more often. They also have the benefit of higher amounts of television exposure. Many of the Eastern programmes are steeped in history, with major press, which is more familiar and doesn’t require great travel. But I’m not complaining. I like the PAC-12. It’s an honor to be in that conference. I like living here. I love the University of Utah. We have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of.

I think football the kind of game that, on any given day, anyone can win against someone else:
within reason, strategy, determination and a little luck.
So why shouldn’t Bamma other programs excel?

Maybe conferences serve a point, but also restricts us from playing each other more often. Maybe if we play Bama every three or four years, we have a pretty interesting record with them. But we don’t. So who knows?

I know Bama curb-stomped Western Carolina University this year. So there… They also played Mersa & La-Lafayette.
A well coached team, full of 4 & 5 star athletes should be able to dominate and execute clever playmaking when they’re killing someone 66 - 3. Not a bad way to prepare for much harder opponents.
I think the PAC is a very competitive conference. Others disagree. I think they need to expand the playoff. Maybe if we played in a outer level playoff game, we would have risen. Who knows

The thing about our Alabama game was this: it wasn’t supposed to be. The Utes pulled off a stunning win. We played really well. We’re capable of playing really, really well. At the very least, have a close game.

But football, is hard and it’s physical. Maybe Alabama felt the same way when they played us. Maybe the players felt “This bowl game is a loss.” I honestly don’t care.

I just know that we played a really good game, when we beat Bama and Texas should feel the same way. I also feel that some of the best games I’ve seen the Utes play in the last 19 years I’ve lived here, don’t look all that much different from the top performing teams I’ve seen play all all my life.

It would have been really, really nice if we won at least one of those games. To lose both in the manner is just heartbreaking to watch. Because it didn’t look at all like the rest of the season. It didn’t look like the time we played Bama either.
But we will be a strong, competitive program for a long, long time.
I’ll take the losses with the wins.

As to (No ■■■■■■■ comments)
I honestly don’t know how one can render commentary on a public board and expect someone not make a comment. It’s the repartee that makes the moment.
Just like football.

Maybe it’s the time change and my flight back to Central Time but I am not sure what I just read.

It’s a lament.
Touché

1 Like

With apologies for the long, tangential discourse.
My post reflects my testimony.
Go Utes!

1 Like

Next time just make sure you are wearing your Ministry of Funny Walks t-shirt…or Black Knight t-shirt…or Dead Parrot t-shirt.

Just make sure the moose costumes are put away. :wink:

1 Like

Technically Tulane is just winning but they are running a flex bone and Southern Miss has no shot overcoming the 17 pt lead in three minutes.

As of 1-4-20

SEC- 7-2 .777
PAC 12- 4-3 .571
AAC- 4-3 .571
MWC- 4-3 .571
MAC- 3-3 .500
Sun Belt- 2-2 .500
Big 10- 4-5 .444
ACC- 4-6 .400
Conf. USA- 3-5 .375
Big 12- 1-5 .166

Only two games left.

So, basically if Miami wins tomorrow they are the #2 in win percentage. If not the Sun Belt moves up for tie. LSU wins the SEC stays at #1. If LSU loses they stay number one.

My work is done here. I am going to give a late Christmas gift to LAUte & Steggy and leave. I told Rocker if people were tired of my posting I would leave for good. It’s been fun Utah. I hope the best for all of you who really were down with just having fun and debating on here with an outside voice. :v: Peace

Really? Have we become so soft we can’t enjoy his banter? He’s generally polite and of course he is a Bama Fan Duh people. I know this isn’t BuffBoard, but c’mon are we going to be Cougarboard now??? Differnet opinions make the site worth visiting. sheesh

5 Likes