College football thread, non-Utah edition

Lol. Yeah. A little.

The drought has been pretty nasty. The last time this region got hit this hard, the Anasazi moved out of Mesa Verde.

7 Likes

@BamaFanNKY must be ecstatic over this news. I know heā€™s been less than thrilled with Bill Oā€™Brien from day one. Canā€™t say I blame Bama. Oā€™Brien wasntā€™ exactly good at HC of the Texans.

1 Like

Yes. I also believe Bill Belichick has reached the point in his life he refuses to meet new people and learn new names. lol.

They keep reporting he worked with Mac Jones but he really didnā€™t. He came in for the playoffs but wasnā€™t there developing. I canā€™t wait though. Weā€™re getting a new OC and DC. Something we needed this past season.

Should be an interesting change. Saw some speculation, think it was AL.com that Brian Johnson is long shot OC. Heā€™s come a long way since he was our OC.

2 Likes

BJ is a QB savant. Itā€™s amazing what he has done with QBā€™s. I think Philly will lose their OC in the next year or two and BJ will take over in Philly. Iā€™ve been told he will take some HC interviews as well this spring. Not so much that he has a realistic shot at being a HC, but to get his name out there, go through the process, and start to get ready to be a HC.

What BJ has done with QBā€™sā€¦itā€™s crazy how good heā€™s been.

5 Likes

Heā€™s up for OC at both my teams. Bama and the LA Rams (again, I am an LA Sports fan since childhood).

Iā€™d like to see him get a shot. He is, as @Swanton says some sort of QB savant. Look at how heā€™s help Jalen Hurts over the last couple of seasons. I may dislike the Eagles, but I have to respect their talent, and that includes coaching.

1 Like

Nick pulling the UW OC?
https://footballscoop.com/news/nick-saban-reportedly-meeting-with-ryan-grubb-washington-alabama-offensive-coordinator-vacancy

1 Like

Welp. Nick ended up hiring NDā€™s OC and Miamiā€™s DC.

Two boring hires that I weirdly like. Not flashy, sexy or even interesting. Steele has been on Nickā€™s staff and those defenses were NASTY. He canā€™t recruit but thatā€™s not an issue. Tommy Rees hire is getting crapped on but the dude is getting a major upgrade of talent leaving ND.

1 Like

Thoughts on fans storming the field or court? I think it should be outlawed for good. It appears the SEC is considering a plan that would punish the home team when fans rush the field or court by taking away the right to host that same team next time they play.

Link

1 Like

I wonder how many fans would comprise ā€œstorming the fieldā€? 50? 100?

You know there are going to be fans who donā€™t care what that the consequences would be loss of the next home game with that opponent, or even that the game they just won would be forfeited. We have learned that people can be that stupid or uncaring.

And, there are plenty of opponents who would be more than happy to claim the victory, even though unearned.

2 Likes

Based on MWC experience with a certain team now headed to the BIG 12, I get the knucklehead problem in play here. Too often the knuckleheads run around sucker punching people (I.e. KWā€™s wife getting punched), damaging the field, or outright fighting one another. Yes itā€™s a mess and the knuckleheads should be prosecuted for their misdeeds. Ideally, people quit storming the fieldā€¦not likely.

That stated, it will cost a fortune to provide enough security to keep the fans off the field. Unfortunately that means ticket prices will go up.

Itā€™s a mess. With no good answer.

1 Like

Utah is not one to cast stones when it comes to storming the field behavior. Remember the BYU game with 3 separate endings? Or suspender boy going after and then quickly retreating from Bronco?

I think storming the field is stupid, I have never gone down myself. But trying to restrain thousands of exuberant, frenzied fans is pretty much hopeless. Unless you issue citations with significant fines to each one as they exit the field.

5 Likes

It is stupid and dangerous. Iā€™m glad to see the SEC is looking at some ways to stop it from happening.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not even sure what Alabama would storm the field for anymore. But, I was there when UK beat Alabama in the 1990s and I understood why. It was a madhouse and I was worried about the kids on the goalposts.

2 Likes

Apparently, Saban has had a hit on his legacy for losing a spot in the playoff by one spot. Legacy on the line this year? What? ESPN is getting dumber and dumber.

1 Like

Nickā€™s place in history is safe as Bear Bryant 2.0.

Itā€™s like these morons think history is whatever happened over the last 365 days (or less). Then again these are the same idiots who are already crowning Victor Wembanyama a dynasty player and he hasnā€™t even played a game that matters yet.

4 Likes

Paul Finebaum was the back up equipment manager at his Junior High and High School !

8 Likes

I remember reading an article in the 70ā€™s where the author said something to the effect:

ā€œThe Notre Dame fans are up in arms because they havenā€™t won a national title since last year.ā€

Edit to add: And this was in a pre-season article!

5 Likes