College football thread, non-Utah edition

Exactly. Not the school itself but the boosters. I should have clarified that point. I still think the $ amount is wild but it also is glaring how bad the NFLPA is currently. Dudes risking their lives out there playing for room & Board, books, and tuition was always wild.

1 Like

Thanks RR. The fact that it isnā€™t the schools themselves but rather the uber-rich donors that are causing all the NIL ruckus is certainly an important distinction.

And one that absolutely needs to be addressed.

5 Likes

I agree completely. Since this is not a Gator site, those that cannot be named are called The Gator Collective. They seem to be the keystone cops ruining things at the moment.

Another group, called The Gator Guard, seems a bit more intelligent and are the ones with the real money, and can back up what they say.

I am not sure what is going on entirely, but it isnā€™t good for UF in particular, and college sports in general.

RR

1 Like

Just another quick note from me.

I am sure Rashada is an amazing talent, but I doubt if he was enrolled at UF he would see the field next year anyway. He has to put on some weight, or he would get obliterated by SEC defenses. 13 milā€¦no freaking way. Donā€™t believe that number. It could be true, and if it is, somebody is absolutely out of their ā€œcollectiveā€ minds.

If it were meā€¦

That is just me.

RR

3 Likes

Hereā€™s something to ponder. The top 25 programs over the last 20 years using ESPNā€™s SP+.

Thereā€™re a few programs that caught my eye. The 1st being Missouri at 21. A couple others that I thought odd were Texas, and Florida State.

I thought it a good way to start the off season. Perhaps by the time August rolls around this subject will have been turned into mush.

1 Like

CU continues to bringing in top rated players.

So far it looks like they may have talent. The big question will be what happens when they have to play against players who are just as talented, and more experienced than they are.

Theyā€™ll have no line and no depth. Their diva-laden talent will win them 3-4 games which, in fairness, will make for a much better season than their last one.

1 Like

Heā€™s getting some talent. Boulder is a great town. Do the people there have the patience to be sub .500 and spending big $ for a couple of seasons?

Also, has CU figured out how to pay their coach yet? I know they didnā€™t have the cash recently. Wonder what will happen when these kids donā€™t get what is promised. Like the UF player.

I have been to Boulder a handful of times and I just donā€™t get it. Driving through town is a nightmare. The downtown area has some decent hangouts, but not out of the world. The scenery is very good, not great. Access to hiking and biking also very good - not great.

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:I think itā€™s great the three days Iā€™ve been there. Different strokes I guess. I personally prefer Fort Collins but all of them are nice.

3 Likes

I liked Ft. Carson/Colorado Springs when I lived there. Hiking in Garden of the Godsā€¦going to football games at Falcon Stadiumā€¦great Italian foodā€¦great golf courses.

3 Likes

Anything on the interstate 25 I love. All the way down to El Paso. I spent a good chunk of October exploring NM from Santa Fe to Las Cruces. I canā€™t hate on really of the towns I visited. On the way hope we hung out in Dallas and itā€™s my least fav Texas city (Austin is climbing the ranks with the hipsters) but even in Big D it was fun.

2 Likes

II agree. tā€™s not as impressive to those who have lived in SLC close to the mountains, as it is to those who come from flat land areas.

2 Likes

I grew up with this view so I donā€™t get the comment. I personally like the food options and other things than Mountain Viewā€™s. :man_shrugging:

That said SLC is a great town as well.

I have always loved Fort Collins, but then I havenā€™t been there in about 12 years so I may need to update my perspectiveā€¦

1 Like

I beg to differ. I lived in both SLC and Boulder. SLC definitely has better access to skiing. But Boulder has much better access to hiking and biking. Itā€™s not even close.

And scenery? The Flatirons are just incredible and beyond that is true alpine country. And no inversion.

I love the Wasatch, too. But Boulder is truly unique.

1 Like

This is undeniably true, particularly the biking.

1 Like

Having lived in DFW for 20 years, Iā€™m a Fort Worth guy.

I do like Ft. Worth. Southlake and Grapevine are nice. I am in the minority with this opinion but I prefer San Antonio and El Paso.

1 Like