CHAT THREAD for all the Championship Games Today

team logo

> Notre Dame

The Fighting Irish have even less control their fate than Cincinnati because Notre Dame does not play this week. Keep in mind that the CFP Rankings do not operate like a top 25 poll. If a team ahead of Notre Dame in this week’s rankings loses, that does not necessarily mean that team will fall behind the Irish. In fact, it is guaranteed that Georgia will not drop this far if it loses, and Alabama may not fall below ND with a loss, either, although it could. So, if Notre Dame wants to feel comfortable about finishing in the top four, it needs Michigan and/or Cincinnati to lose in addition to Oklahoma State. The two former teams are double-digit favorites. The Irish could possibly get there with one loss among those three (Cowboys already out) and Alabama taking a big loss.

You can try to apply analytics to it, but it still comes down to a decision by the 13 human beings on the committee. I’m not saying it will happen, but it is still within the realm.

Come to think of it, I did say it will happen…so I’m all in on the Irish!

A lot of “experts” think this ND team “doesn’t deserve” a CFP slot no matter what happens today

So lets sum this up a bit:

Utah going to Pasadena, SoCal
Utah State going to INglewood, SoCal
BYU going to… swampy Shreveport, Loosyana

Fine, call yourselves Kings of the West or whatever - enjoy that while you pick apart the crawfish shells in your etouffe’.

1 Like

No offense to BamafFanNKY, but Alabama has the most boring uniforms in all college football.

1 Like

We’re still wearing unis from 1920. Leave us alone, we miss the Jim Crowe era

5 Likes

To be fair I’d rather see Alabama, Cincinnati, Baylor and Utah. I think Utah is better than ND

1 Like

I like having the PAC12 championship game on Friday night. It gets the spotlight that it wouldn’t get on Saturday and it would likely get pushed back to a 10 pm ET start if it were played today.

4 Likes

Is it just me or does Kirby Smart look like Ted Cruz?

Definitely you

He would need to look smarmier and dumber

9 Likes

FTFY: BYU going to … swampy Shreveport, Loseranna

Native Texan here, not much love for Loseranna from many of us.

I believe this is the LA Bowl, happening a week or so from now vs. Pac-12 6th choice. Great venue but even as a G5, you’d think MWC could line up a bigger bowl as their flagship.

2 Likes

Like the Poinsettia Bowl or Armed Services bowl?

We’ve gotten so much buzz from it today. And every time Cincy is talked about, we were mentioned as BCS busters, which is kind of nice.

2 Likes

Ohio State it is then. Michigan is completely dominating Iowa in the first quarter.

BRING ON THE BUCKEYES!!

when the word buckeye is translated out of Ohio slang, it becomes

The Ohio State University Horse Chestnuts

Not quite as inspirational, I guess? :laughing: :laughing: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Ohio is awful at run D. Mwhahahahaha.

That said, Utes DBs better get their track shoes on.

1 Like

Well I am watching the ACC game, courtesy of free trial of FUBO, and so far its trading power drives…

Will be interesting to see who blinks first…

UPDATE: THis game is NOT gonna be a defensive one… 8 mins left in 2nd qrtr, already 21-21 >.<

Wow, that’s called targeting 10 out of 10 times in the P12,

B10? Meh…play on.

3 Likes