Carlson out - appendicitis. What next?

Thioune gets the start.

If it weren’t for bad luck the Runnin’ Utes would have no luck at all.

5 Likes

According to Josh Newman tweets there been one altercation between masked and unmasked fans, and another following a mask announcement where a masked guy yelled at an unmasked guy, “That means you dumb [deleted].”

In the meantime we get out scored 12-2 to end the half.

Good times at the JMHC today.

3 Likes

Now that’s something I would buy a ticket for.

1 Like

Travelling to California last week I observed that indoor mask mandates do not apply to the vast majority of Utahns/ Utah fans. :man_facepalming:

Apparently there is some type of pre-arranged exemption/ entitlement in place that I wasn’t aware of.

8 Likes

It’s called “the rules don’t apply to me”, and “I know more than the experts”, and “I’ve done my own research”

8 Likes

Not even a tiny bit surprised.

2 Likes

But also, I do have a mask really and pop it on if anyone important or official is near me or is required, then take it right back off because I’m really a p-word.

2 Likes

Ugh. I almost went to this game but had to do something else. I’m no longer sorry I missed it.

1 Like

Remember when we all were saying this was going to be a long season…

5 Likes

I remember, I’ve only seen the headlines from games. I haven’t been motivated enough to read articles. Just from headlines this team is struggling badly. Hopefully in the near future (next season), the lessons learned now can be applied.

We struggled on defense early, gave up 16 points in the paint, mostly on easy buckets off of the pick and roll. And we struggled rebounding in the 2nd half. I think Carlson’s presence would have made a difference. Mahorcic was back, and tried mightily. But he looked lost at times, hopefully just due to missing the last 10 games.

I think Mahorcic’s knee is really holding him back. He was limping around during play stops and it just seemed to me that he can’t really do things that require a solid right leg. Case in point, the block-out failure on that free throw late. We were down 8 then and could have made it 6 with the board and a score. He simply didn’t step right and plant that leg with authority. He’s being a warrior to be sure, but he’s definitely not 100%. Now with Carlson going to be out for some time that’s a real problem.

3 Likes