Career game for Delon Wright

Sancho, how is it not better? Shooting is the name of the game. The passes are amazing and we have big men who can shoot outside of layups and dunks. We really romanticized the era of Bird and Magic. I loved the Showtime Lakers but the athletic ability on display each night now on multiple teams is as the old slogan said, “Fantastic.”

It’s okay. It’s still got basketball’s best thing - close game heroics and drama.

Passes were always amazing, athleticism was always amazing. The era of Bird and Magic was amazing. What’s different now is the strategy. I don’t care if big men can shoot now. I’d rather watch the Dream Shake than the Unibrow make a 30 footer. The Dream Shake is cooler, and, I think, more impressive.

I’ve seen thousands of 3 pointers in my life…it’s still exciting in a close game, but I’m not going nuts over a made 3. I guess it’s all been done. It’s like watching baseball highlights and seeing a home run.

Anyone who thinks this is boring is wrapped up in their nostalgia.

1 Like

Last night’s Jazz-Knicks game was a good example of how the NBA game is different. Jazz started out stone-cold, got down, looked like a loss in process.

Then they cranked up the D in the second half, started knocking down shots, and got the win.

The difference with the NBA game & college is a little like explaining basketball to soccer fans - game of ebb & flow, strategy, matchups, schemes to get the right matchup, etc.

High-speed chess.

I can enjoy highlights just fine. I just can’t watch a whole game.

edit: one of the highlights is a good defensive stop from James Harden which is funny because his playing style is my exact beef with the strategy of playing for and-ones. Ho-hum.

I agree with you. Like I said, the one thing it still delivers well is drama. Close basketball games are still exciting, if frustrating, to watch.

It’s the one big sport that works better to play than to watch.

These are my two biggest gripes for NBA. It definitely isn’t about a lack of talent. The athletes themselves are incredible. But, officiating has made it nearly unwatchable.

I will shut down to watch one team, and mostly one player on that one team. Otherwise, eh…

Clearly, I am in the minority. Shock. lol

I like to pound beers in the off season.

Here’s a good video.

Lol.

Delon joining Kuzma in DC

3 Likes