Cameron Rising is the new QB? Or is this all a lie?

I don’t know who it is. Buuuuuttttt…the recruiting sites have a horrible track record when it comes to their QB predictions.

3 Likes

prety sure it is Rising

That’d be really weird with Bentley as team captain. You gotta feel for him if he doesn’t get the job after leaving SC for it.

2 Likes

Troy Williams was a captain when Huntley won the job. If Bentley doesnt start and gets to keep his final year of eligibility, wonder if he will transfer again.

I remember that. I still think it’s awkward. Yes, it’s an interesting situation with this being a free season in terms of eligibility. I think that was a rushed decision by the NCAA. Everyone is now playing…it should cost a year of eligibility.

It probably wasn’t made really for the benefit of the athletes, but to hopefully make sure stars didn’t sit out the year to protect the quality of the ‘product’. Maybe that’s just me being cynical of all things NCAA. But yes, even the conference with fewest games (pac12) should still get in ~7 games. I’m just thinking of this year more of an exhibition.

1 Like

Why would they waste starting Bentley when Risings year of eligibility does not count?

Because Whitt thinks they can win the south and he will start whoever is better. No team has won their division three years in a row. I don’t care who starts, let’s go win the south.

7 Likes

Exactly, remember this is Coach Whitt we’re talking about here. That man isn’t trying to hold something back for the next year, he’s about winning and will start a true freshman or a chicken pot pie if that’s what it meant to win.

3 Likes

Yes but Bentley has experience, he followed Ludwig to Utah because he knows he is a great QBs coach and he wants to play in the NFL

1 Like

Yeah, but we’ve also had a couple of guys, because of their talent, get a try in the NFL even though they weren’t the starter. So there’s still a chance.

Plus who knows if he still won’t get a shot if COVID strikes. Of course this is all if Rising is the starter.

2 Likes

That is what Spence Checketts is reporting on Kall700

A chicken pot pie would have beat UCLA last year, and Arizona.

If anyone follows @equitybruin on twitter, could you please tell him I just realized a chicken pot pie starting at QB last year for us against UCLA would have won quite easily, 14-3.

2 Likes

Whit said the starter really made it obvious, which is great news.

1 Like

What did Spence report?

1 Like

I’m assuming he’s talking about Bad Moon.

1 Like

I hear Jack Tuttle is coming back !

What are the strengths and weaknesses of each quarterback?

I have no idea, other than Bentley has starting experience.

Whit said whoever the starter is clearly separated himself from the other QBs and there was consensus from the coaching staff about it.

1 Like